Outlook Sales Extension

GarthMJ
Participant

Conflict with Grammarly and Hubspot Sales outlook add-on

SOLVE

Hubspot (HS) Sales Outlook Add-on and Grammarly used to work together perfectly. How Hubspot Sales now forces itself overtop of Grammarly thereby rendering Grammarly un-useable. Notice within the screenshot as I drag the email to make it wider, you can see both tools (purple arrows), once I release it, HS forces itself overtop of Grammarly (second email), rendering it useless.

What changes can I make to HS to resolve this issue?

Hubspot Outlook.jpg

2 Accepted solutions
GarthMJ
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Hi .  earlier today I created a GIF to show a semi workaround that I found. in a nutshell you have to turn off the Contact profile inorder to use Grammarly. If you don't HS blocks it. 

HS2.gif

View solution in original post

AHeckman
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

I found another workaround option.

Turn off the Contact Profile for HubSpot as GarthMJ (the Accepted Solution) stated. Now that you have the Grammarly bar back, you can grab that window, drag it to the left-hand side of your email, and dock it there. Turn the HubSpot Contact Profile back on. Grab the right side of the Grammarly bar and size it to the left (skinny); the HubSpot bar (window) should show if it isn't visible. See the photo below. 

The downside is that neither of them can be full-size simultaneously, as far as I have figured out or found. Adjust them both by adjusting the Grammarly bar. The HubSpot window doesn't quite get to be full size, but it shows enough IMO. It shows a little more than it is in this photo. 

Capture copy.jpg

View solution in original post

20 Replies 20
AHeckman
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

I found another workaround option.

Turn off the Contact Profile for HubSpot as GarthMJ (the Accepted Solution) stated. Now that you have the Grammarly bar back, you can grab that window, drag it to the left-hand side of your email, and dock it there. Turn the HubSpot Contact Profile back on. Grab the right side of the Grammarly bar and size it to the left (skinny); the HubSpot bar (window) should show if it isn't visible. See the photo below. 

The downside is that neither of them can be full-size simultaneously, as far as I have figured out or found. Adjust them both by adjusting the Grammarly bar. The HubSpot window doesn't quite get to be full size, but it shows enough IMO. It shows a little more than it is in this photo. 

Capture copy.jpg

DianaGomez
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @AHeckman, hope you are doing well!

¡Thanks for sharing!

Best,

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

JGeoghegan
Participant

SOLVE

4 years later and this is still an issue. Hubspot window and Grammarly window conflict with each other inside Outlook. Can this integration be worked out?

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @GarthMJ,

Were there any changes that were made that caused the two extensions to stop working together?

If the two extensions work separately, then the solution would be to continue using them separately as extensions interfering with each other is part of the nature of using multiple applications at once. 

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
GarthMJ
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Hi .  earlier today I created a GIF to show a semi workaround that I found. in a nutshell you have to turn off the Contact profile inorder to use Grammarly. If you don't HS blocks it. 

HS2.gif

mattilajii

SOLVE

Unfortunately, the semi workaround does not work because add-on says "contact profiles will always show because you have GDPR settings enabled"

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @mattilajii  @GarthMJ,

I will check with the team more about it. Is this behavior happens if you send the email from HubSpot?

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

0 Upvotes
mattilajii

SOLVE

It is the outlook add-on, so I guess no?

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @mattilajii and @GarthMJ,

I checked with our team that it's expected behavior due to the Grammarly add-in and HubSpot add-in are trying to take the same space in Outlook.

0 Upvotes
GarthMJ
Participant

SOLVE

@PamCotton That solution does NOT work if you have GDPR Enabled! The question then becomes, which would you rather have, good spelling (aka look profressional)  or email tracking (aka look UN-profressional)!

Secondly, The Hubspot team, ned to look at thier setup to allow the window to be moved OR to be closed as per my orginal solution! If Hubspot outlook team bother to actually test the two tools together they would see that Grammerly allow for the windows to be increased in size BUT the Hubspot Tool FORCE its self over top of Grammerly with NOT means of closing the window. 

Their anwser is a cop-out anwser, they clearly didn't bother to look at it or even understand the issue OR come up with a simple solution of allow the window to be closed when GDPR is enabled! 

SE2809
Participant

SOLVE

Completely agree with @GarthMJ

@PamCotton  you have not provided a solution to the problem - WE ARE UNABLE TO CLOSE THE HUBSPOT SIDEBAR WHEN GDPR IS ENABLED AND THIS IS OVERLAPPING WITH GRAMMARLY AND OTHER SIDEBAR TOOLS. See below.

hubspot2.png 

Will there be any updates on this soon from the Hubspot team?

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @SE2809,

At the moment in order to not overwrite you will need to turn off one of the extensions.

I understand it's not the best solution, but I confirmed with my team that this behavior is expected due to the Grammarly add-in and HubSpot add-in are trying to take up the same space in Outlook, this will happens. 

GarthMJ
Participant

SOLVE

@PamCotton wrote:

Hello @SE2809,

At the moment in order to not overwrite you will need to turn off one of the extensions.

I understand it's not the best solution, but I confirmed with my team that this behavior is expected due to the Grammarly add-in and HubSpot add-in are trying to take up the same space in Outlook, this will happens. 

Also, this will happen when you have GDPR is enabled, because contact profiles will always be open with GDPR.

I would highly recommend you to please post this idea at our ideas forum (here).

Our product team, who monitors the forum regularly, can read your specific use case and understand why this would be a useful functionality or change. It also helps other customers facing the same issue to advocate for its implementation on your behalf by upvoting on the thread as well.

Kindly,

Pam

Pan This is NOT a solution. This is a cop out answer by the HS outlook team.  The simple work around solution would take almost ZERO effort by the HS outlook team. The work around solution is to allow the HS addon to be close like it can be done when you DON'T have GDPR enabled! The HS outlook team has clearly not even looked at this. For if they had, they would see that the workaround solution could be done by my estimation in under an hour. 

This doesn't qualify for an idea as it is a BUG not an idea. 

0 Upvotes
thm22
Participant

SOLVE

For now, my solution is to have the HubSpot add-in docked to the right, inside the email window, and have the Grammarly add-in "floating" to the left, in its own window. One can grab the Grammarly section and drag it over so it's not docked to the border of the email message. It will stay that way whenever an email is opened for editing. It takes a bit getting used to because the floating window will pop up every time an email gets edited and potentially hide another important part of the screen, but at least the text gets spell-checked and sent without errors. 

Thomas. 

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

@thm22  Thank you for sharing your workaround here, I will share this with our team.

@GarthMJ I'm currently working with the team on this and will update on this thread once I have an update about it.

Kindly,

Pam

0 Upvotes
GarthMJ
Participant

SOLVE

yes it is and outlook addin just the hubspot outlook addin. 

0 Upvotes
GarthMJ
Participant

SOLVE

Yup as soon as you enable GDPR in Hubspot, the hubspot add-on block Grammerly and there is NO work around. I have yet to hear from anyone at Hubspot as to what they plan to do to fix it. 

0 Upvotes
lee-adelaide

SOLVE

This is a brilliant solution -- thanks!

0 Upvotes
thm22
Participant

SOLVE

When Grammarly is docked to the e-mail window on the left, the HubSpot sidebar on the right disappears. It is moved to the right, outside of the viewable area. It should stay where it is. See the video below. This should be fixed. The bar should not move further to the right. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JcQvon4BRq1qpAyGClOKyn9wUR2krDkn/view

Windows 10, Outlook Version 1909, Office Business 365 Business, newest version.

HubSpot for Windows V 3.0.1.227

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Thanks for sharing @GarthMJ! 🙂 

0 Upvotes