Outlook Sales Extension

JRitchie

Clear imported emails

I connected my work email to our hubspot account and soon realised that any of our staff can look me up as a contact in Hubspot and read all of my emails. This would include some very confidential internal emails between myself and other staff and management.

I quickly removed the email interface; but all these emails still appear when going to 'contacts' and looking me up in there.

How can i clear all of this. I wrongly assumed there would be more control over what was logged, not that everything would be imported and visible by all staff within our organisation.

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
JRitchie

Clear imported emails

Unfortunately our business is a helpdesk and our primary users of hubspot are helpdesk staff who need to all share visibility of most of the contacts (who are our customers / userbase). Given the thousands of emails displaying against my contact, removing one by one is untenable.

Would deleting my contact suffice? Or would these historic emails still be visible when i'm added back in as a contact?

0 Upvotes
sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

Clear imported emails

Hi @JRitchie 

I did a test on my own portal and I can confirm if you delete your own contact and add it back it won't show all the emails 🙂

I hope this helps

Thanks

Sharon

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

Clear imported emails

Hi @JRitchie 

Welcome to the Community. 

In order to delete those emails you will need to navigate to the contact record and hovering over a logged email, you can choose to delete the email from there.

While there is no way to delete old emails in bulk, you can edit your permissions in the meantime so that you can only view contacts that you own where those emails are logged. This will ensure your team can't see each other's email communication on contacts that they do not own.

I hope this helps

Best

Sharon

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !