Outlook Sales Extension

ex

Can we sync edits of contacts between hubspot and outlook?

SOLVE

Can we have it so that any edits made or new contacts added to outlook are synced to hubspot contacts and vice versa? Or everytime i add a new contact to Outlook i need to manually add the same to Hubspot since the only other option i see is creating another CSV import of thousands of the same contacts which will probably override features such as lead and sales cycle, etc..

I'm using Outlook 2010.

Please let me know, thanks!

1 Accepted solution
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @ex

Thanks for the question!

It is not currently possible to have an ongoing sync for contacts in HubSpot and Outlook. The Outlook extension can be used to add new contacts into HubSpot (or update their information in HubSpot), but it will not update the information in your Outlook address book.  

If this is something you would like to see implemented in the future, you can search, vote for or post this as a feature request on our ideas forum here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/idb-p/HubSpot_Ideas.

Thank you,

Jenny

View solution in original post

20 Replies 20
BobG
Participant

SOLVE

HubSpot really needs to get this feature working. 

AP-123

SOLVE

Any updates on this?

JeremyF
Participant

SOLVE

Piesync is doing the job

kylet
Participant

SOLVE

Any updates on this? Or is piesync the only way? 

0 Upvotes
agosselin1
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @kylet,

Our HubSpot - Outlook integration is one of the most popular integrations that we support. 

Any use case is slightly different so we allow you to either choose for a one-way or two-way sync. Or set up a sync that updates both ways but only creates contacts in Outlook (or the other way around). Lot's of customisation possible. 

By default, it's set to be two-way sync syncing all contacts. However, you can perfectly limit the sync to only sync those contacts that are added to an active or static list in HubSpot, for example. 

@ex This integration will automatically update contact records in either system, real-time. That means you won't have to worry about exporting and importing your contacts.

This help article will help you to get a decent understanding of what it does. If you do require some more help. Simply reach out to the PieSync team via support@piesync.com and they will be happy to assist you.

PieSync provides a solution to 2-way sync contacts you would find in Microsoft Outlook, specifically inside personal contacts folders. However, this personal contacts folder doesn’t include the contacts of the Global Address List (GAL), data maintained by your IT administrator. This is where you would essentially find the contacts data of all your colleagues. 

Since PieSync joined the HubSpot family. All HubSpot customers (including free users) are eligible for a 25% discount on any PieSync plan. This discount will automatically get applied to your account when you connect HubSpot in PieSync. 

Thank you, 

0 Upvotes
SMK2362
Participant

SOLVE

I agree with the original request.  This is a feature that's included with every other CRM I have looked at and it would be a BIG benefit.   Of course, I think you would need the option to select which contacts - or group of contacts sync with outlook.  I would not want every contact in my HS database to sync.

Maya
Participant | Partner
Participant | Partner

SOLVE

I was still a little confused by the response from Hubpsot.  Could someone please clarify:

1. If I update Outlook contacts will it update Hubspot contacts?

2. If I update Hubspot contacts will it update Outlook contacts?

Thanks,

Somaya

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Maya

HubSpot and Outlook will not sync contact updates. If you update a contact's information in the HubSpot sidebar within the Outlook extension, then the information will update within HubSpot, however that will not update the information in your address book within Outlook.

Thanks, 

Jenny

FSS-DGA
Participant

SOLVE

Problem! Problem! Problem!

This causes issues of possibly non-updated info for contact/companies.

AP-123

SOLVE

Hello @jennysowyrda,

From your response, it appears that synchronization works one way: from outlook to Hubspot.  Is this correct?

What about if you delete or modify a contact in outlook: will it synchronize or do you need to double entry?  If the latter any suggested workarounds?

thank you,

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @AP-123

Any changes you make to the contact record in the HubSpot extension within Outlook will be reflected in your CRM. 

AP-123

SOLVE

Hi @jennysowyrda,

Thanks for the prompt reply.  Just to be clear (now that I am and potentially for others) 🙂

You still have to maintain two data sets (one in outlook and the other in HubSpot).  

When you change a contact record in the Outlook Extension you are only changing it in Hubspot.  

I'm just beginning my Hubspot journey from many years of power Outlook use.  Perhaps I will find other ways or get more comfortable.

Thanks again,
Adam

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @AP-123

Correct. Aside from the HubSpot extension, there is no sync between your contacts in Outlook and HubSpot.

Hope that clarifies!

0 Upvotes
FSS-DGA
Participant

SOLVE

I am sorry to say it, but this is one of those "problems" that cause users to want to switch to another platform.  I like Hubspot - A lot!  However, I am now worried about what other little landmines are hiding just waiting for me to step on.

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

HI @FSS-DGA 

If this is something you would like to see implemented in the future, please vote for this idea: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Exhange-Outlook-integration-for-contacts-and-calendar...

0 Upvotes
Maya
Participant | Partner
Participant | Partner

SOLVE

ok, thanks Jenny! 🙂

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @ex

Thanks for the question!

It is not currently possible to have an ongoing sync for contacts in HubSpot and Outlook. The Outlook extension can be used to add new contacts into HubSpot (or update their information in HubSpot), but it will not update the information in your Outlook address book.  

If this is something you would like to see implemented in the future, you can search, vote for or post this as a feature request on our ideas forum here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/idb-p/HubSpot_Ideas.

Thank you,

Jenny

bennewman

SOLVE

Has this changed since the 2017 post?  Is this possible now?

AleInZac
Participant

SOLVE

Hello,

I have noticed that the Outlook extension only considers email addresses that are cc'd to my emails, not main recipients. And I cannot scroll down or up.

Is there a way to better use the extension?

It's already double-work to keep two datasets (one in Outlook and one in Hubspot) but if only cc'd contacts can be uploaded onto Hubspot, Hubspot becomes completely useless.

I hope there's a solution for this.

Thanks for your help,

Ale

FSS-DGA
Participant

SOLVE

This is absolutely vital.  Not having it increases steps and leaves room for records to not be updated in a timely or correct manner.