Can't Install the Sales Extension

bradmagnus

I've tried several times to install the extension on my new laptop, but I'm unable. 

Outlook version:

Annotation 2020-02-23 153805.png

Error message:

Annotation 2020-02-23 153816.png

I've looked at the Troubleshooting, I added dl.getsidekick to the safe sites in IE, and changed the registry to 00000 as suggested. But I'm still not able to use it? 

What else can I do? Or what have I done wrong 🙂

0 Upvotes
9 Replies 9
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hi @bradmagnus,

Have you gone through the steps outlined here which are specific to this error? 

If you are still stuck after taking these steps, please let me know.

Thank you,
Jenny

We are excited to announce that the Community will be launching a weekly newsletter on November 2, 2020!
0 Upvotes
bradmagnus

Hi @jennysowyrda yes I tried both of those steps and still no luck. 

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hi @bradmagnus,

After reviewing your original screenshot it looks like you are on Outlook 2001 which is not supported for the Outlook desktop extension.

Thank you,

Jenny

We are excited to announce that the Community will be launching a weekly newsletter on November 2, 2020!
0 Upvotes
bradmagnus

Thanks @jennysowyrda That's the version number, but not as in Outlook from the year 2001. The problem I'm having is on my laptop (which I don't have with me) but this screenshot is from my desktop:

Annotation 2020-02-27 125301.png

And it's working just fine from my desktop computer. As of this month I guess there is an update to version 2002. Which I can try when I'm home. 

What else am I doing wrong lol? 

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

HI @bradmagnus,

The Outlook software version is what is required for connecting HubSpot to your Outlook. If you can update your Outlook to one of the supported versions, you should be able to successfully connect.

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
bradmagnus

I'm sorry @jennysowyrda but you're not right. I have the same exact version on my desktop computer and it works just fine. It is incredibly complex getting things set up, so it's possible I'm doing or saying something wrong, but you're not helping me get to a solution. From this link: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/settings/how-to-install-hubspot-sales

You're suggesting I install the middle column? That only signs me into Outlook.com and doesn't let me install in to my desktop application. 

I wish I rememberd how I set it up on my desktop... But again it's the same Office 365 subscription. I really appreciate you working to help me get it figured out. 

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hi @bradmagnus,

Thank you for the additional information. To confirm that I am providing best next steps, can you please confirm what version of Outlook you see when you follow the steps outlined here?

If you can send along a screenshot, that would be great! 🙂 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
bradmagnus

Thanks for continuing to try to help @jennysowyrda 

ProductVersion.png

I have one of the plugins running on a different machine (same outlook version, same user account). The main things I'm looking for is snippets and tracking from Outlook. You've mentioned that it's not supported from 365. If not, maybe I'm trying to install the wrong plugin? 

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hi @bradmagnus,

Thank you for sharing the screenshot and information! Can you please click on the button next to "about outlook" and confirm what you see, that would be great!

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Upvotes