Can I use EAC rules instead of Hubspot add-in to log emails?

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I cannot get the Hubspot Outlook add-in to log emails automatically. I have to press the hubspot icon every single time to get the BCC field to populate with the Hubspot address.

I am wondering that if I create a mail flow or journaling rule for all users using EAC, would that be a good alternative?

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
HubSpot Moderator

Hi @ajaffarali ,

Let's dive right in! To start, you can actually set up your HubSpot Sales Add-in to automatically Log/Track your emails by default! By doing so, you can avoid having to enable the option for every new email. Here is a Knowledge Base article on this to get you started. If you have any trouble updating your extension preferences from here please let me know!

All the best,
Kevin Campbell
HubSpot Community Team

0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

Hey @KCampbell - The Outlook add-in to track/log emails just stopped working a few weeks back and after multiple tries of uninstalling and re-installing as well as closing and opening a new Hubspot account to test with, emails would just not "automatically" log in.

I would have to press the Hubspot sales button on the compose window for the bcc field to populate with the bcc address and only then the email would get logged. There are other users in another thread here with the same issue. 

I figured the easiest solution would just be to bcc all emails using Exchange Admin.

0 Upvotes
HubSpot Moderator

Hi @ajaffarali ,

Ah understood. Which version of Outlook are you and your team using? In the meantime, I would agree that adding the BCC through Your Exchange Admin tools will be your best bet. Let me know and I'll see what solutions I can find out on my end!

Kevin Campbell
HubSpot Community Team

Regular Contributor

Using Outlook on the Web. Also tried Mac and Windows versions which exhibited the same issue. I'll set it up with EAC.

0 Upvotes