Outlook Sales Extension

JeffSavlov
Participant

CC not logging when existing contact writes new email and copies another

Hi,

Using Sales Add-In for Outlook. 

Recieved a new email thread from an exisiting HS contact introducing me to a colleague by CC. The colleague has never emailed with me and is not in HS.

I replied to all and had Track and Log selected in the Outlook Add-In.

The email thread shows up in the contact for the person writing to me (they had been in HS already). But, the person they copied was not added to HS.

Is there a way to make sure the new person copied is added automatically to HS?

Thanks,

Jeff

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @JeffSavlov,

Thanks for reaching out!

I understand that you're trying to log the email to the CC'ed contact who's not in HubSpot yet, correct? 

There are two ways to record emails manually as outlined in this help article:

• yourHubID@forward.hubspot.com (the forwarding address): This is used to forward the incoming emails that you are receiving in your email account if you want to log them.
    • You may need to forward so cc'ing this email address won't log the email.
    • It's usually useful to log the replies from your contacts.
  • yourHubID@bcc.hubspot.com (the BCC address): When you send an email from your mail client, add the BCC address to the BCC line of the email. The email content will be automatically recorded on the contact's record in HubSpot.

Please note there are also requirements to meet in order to log an email, please check this knowledge base article for more details.

I hope this helps!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
JeffSavlov
Participant

Thanks Kristen.

I'm still a bit confused. Was it clear to you that I'm replying to an existing contact, in a new email and who copied a new contect not in CRM? I'm trying to add that new colleague on the cc. 

Both log and track were checked in Outlook add-in for HS. The BCC email is automatically included when both are checked. Shouldn't this automatically pick up my reply to all (adding the cc'd collegue)?

These two comments confused me as well. do you mind clarifying?

• You may need to forward so cc'ing this email address won't log the email. (Are you saying cc will never pick up the new contact? I need to forward to my HS forwarding email?)
  • It's usually useful to log the replies from your contacts. (What is useful? Forwarding emails coming int o me as I describe in this situaiton?)

I read lots of articles before posting and read everyhting you linked to. Sorry for the dollow-up - still confused a bit!

***Adding this a bit later. I went to original email and forwarded to my forwarding address. The colleague who was cc'd did not get added as a new contact. If I understood any of what you wrote (and articles you suggested I read) this should have added the cc'd colleague not previously in HS, correct?

Thanks!

Jeff

0 Upvotes