CC and BCC - OUTLOOK ISSUE

1119ellie

In Outlook, when HubSpot sales settings are clicked to "Log email" and "Track email" this is what happens to my cc and bcc to myself:

When I either send an email or respond from an email (to a client) that is in my in-box, I always bcc myself so I have a copy of it in my in-box.

Sample:

To:  Bryan Smith

bcc:  Ellie Rovira (ellie@thinkvetter.com) - me

Re:  Sales Quote

My bcc emails to myself (ellie@thinkvetter.com) are not being directed into the inbox.  They only go into the sent box.

When HubSpot sales settings are NOT clicked to "log email" and "track email" in my Outlook, I do not have that problem.  I do get my cc or bcc's that I send to myself in my inbox.

THIS HAS JUST STARTED TO HAPPEN IN THE LAST 2 WEEKS

Please help

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team

Hey @1119ellie I believe this might be the tools working as designed, but I'll investigate further. To do this, could you please send me the Email Headers of the emails you send your self, one with HubSpot checked and one without? More info on how to do this can be found here: https://mxtoolbox.com/public/content/emailheaders/

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
signsofus

I just saw this thread and am having a similar issue.  Whether I automatically or manually  choose to send a bcc to Hubspot when sending an email in Outlook 365, it always adds my email address to the bcc line next to Hubspot bcc. It never did this before. I can easily delete the bcc to myself as I certainly don't need it but it's become a P-I-A frankly.  Does anyone know how to change this? I have deleted the Hubspot add-in and have reinstalled it twice now and cannot get rid of it automatically bcc'ing myself in additon to the forwarding the email into Hubspot which is the sole intent.

0 Upvotes