Olá! Nós temos uma Comunidade em Português!

Best-Practice Process Contacts created out of Outlook Add-On

Highlighted
Sachkundiger

Hi community,

what are your experiences / your best-practices to handle contacts created out of the HubSpot Outlook Add-On?

We maintain the language and saluation with hidden fields in the forms for every contact converted on our website. But these two necessarily needed fields are not maintained automatically in the contacts created out of the Outlook Add-On.

How do you handle this? Manually maintain the fields e.g. every 2 weeks/every months is very time-consuming....

Does someone have a smarter process? Does someone use workflows in order to create tasks/internal mails to the HubSpot contact owner (to remind him/her maintain the language/salutation)?

Thanks for feedback & regards,

Deborah

Responder
0 Avaliação positiva
5 Respostas 5
Community-Manager

Hi @Deborah,

That is a great question! Depending on your business needs and how important this information is, the best options will differ for you. 

You could use notification emails to remind HubSpot owners that they have a new contact, and should therefore fill in this information. Or, you could use a workflow to send an internal email to the HubSpot owner as well. 

@Trumeter & @LeeHouse do you have any suggestions for keeping contact data organized and up to date for this situation? 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
Responder
0 Avaliação positiva
Regular Contributor | Gold Partner

Agree with recommendation as I can't come up with anything better (although there is a service need here related to contact updates for some company to conquer).  A workflow that sends a task and/or email to your HubSpot Owner indicating that the salutation and/or language fields is/are unknown.

Sachkundiger

Hi @Trumeter,

I also see a necessity to improve the possibilities for workflows / contact updates in connection with hubspot sales.... Do you update this idea, if there are news on this?

Responder
0 Avaliação positiva
Regular Contributor | Gold Partner

Hey Deborah, I will update if I hear more on this, it is a constant request to update contact data, along with the idea of appending and updating contacts from other sources. In your case, just trying to make sure all fields are represented makes great sense, and one day AI will take this over for sure.

We see some vendors in this space like discoverorg, but not the exact model of 'contact management'...  is this what you are saying as well?

Responder
0 Avaliação positiva
Sachkundiger

Hi @Trumeter,

don't know what exaclty discoverorg is doing in respect to 'contact management'... But currently my request is that the collected data out of hubspot sales emails could also be used in the hubspot marketing. So a better integration between those two areas especially in regard to contact properties.

As I described above it would be great to set the language based on the send template...

And yes, I think you're right that in a few years AI will take over this.

Responder
0 Avaliação positiva