Outlook Sales Extension

SNasonov
Participant

BCC tracking issue

Hey Folks,

I am looking for the workaround for my outlook hubspot add-in.

In out CRM we automatically track any external mails we sent if the contact is in our CRM, so hubspot add-in automatically add bcc mail for this purposes.

However, when I just adding the contact email adress the bcc it's not added by default, I need to click on Hubspot add-in to help hubspot recognize this contact and enable logging feature after I clicked on it, it adds BCC mail for tracking.

Sometimes it happens, I forgot to click on add-in, so mail is not logged and I need manually log it.

I found workaround to pin up the hubspot add-in, so anytime I create new mail it's openned by default, but there is 1 issue I do not like.

This add-in almost 1/3 of my screen, so the canvas for mail decreses and it's pretty uncomfortable to write the mail.

Can I make somehow this hubspot add-in active without need to have it openned and BCC for logging mails is added by defualt?

P/s on the screens below it does not seems Hubspot add-in occupies 1/3 of my screen becasue I made screeens from External monitor.

Screenshot 2023-04-28 124500.pngScreenshot 2023-04-28 124403.png

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
Josh
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

BCC tracking issue

Hi @SNasonov,

Unfortunately, I don't believe there's a great workaround for this as the pane must be open before it can be logged. You may have already read this, but here's the documentation on the Outlook add-in

Your BCC stays the same each time so you could in theory just add the BCC. That would limit your ability to choose specifically which records the email is logged to; therefore, it would log to all records associated with the email address you are sending to. 

I understand your frustration here.

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer