BCC field has Hubspot address, even if the email is to a blocked address

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Hi there,

 

I have the Outlook Hubspot add-in set to automatically log all emails in the CRM, but not if they are only to people within the organization.

 

When I send an email to someone within my organization, the log check-box is, as it should be, grayed out. However, the BCC address field in Outlook still has the BCC email address, so I have to manually remove it if I don't want that email to be sent to Hubspot. Is this the intended behavior?

 

Thanks,

Orri

Reply
0 Upvotes
7 Replies 7
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor | Platinum Partner

My apologies, I didn't read that it was already sent to a blocked address. 

 

Will Smith
HubSpot Certified Trainer
Reply
0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Yep, the domain is already blocked, but I wonder what happens to the email if I forget to remove the BCC. Will it get forwarded to dev/null or is it kept somewhere?

 

Reply
0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor | Platinum Partner

I haven't come up against this particular situation. Usually, HubSpot warns that the email is already blocked and therefore does not give me the option to block it. How are you sending the emails? (Outlook, Gmail?)

 

Outlook - using email extensionOutlook - using email extension

 

within HubSpotwithin HubSpot

 

 

Will Smith
HubSpot Certified Trainer
Reply
0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I'm sending the emails from Outlook desktop with the add-in.

HSTS1.png

Reply
0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor | Platinum Partner

@OrriCQ ,

 

Thanks for the screenshot...have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the extension? Anytime we've had clients who experience unknown (or strange) extension issues, this often does the trick. 

Will Smith
HubSpot Certified Trainer
Reply
0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

Yes, I tried that. It does not change anything.

Reply
0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor | Platinum Partner

Troubleshooting software issues outside of HubSpot (like extensions) can sometimes be tricky, as it is difficult to truly "know" your set-up as well as you. In light of this, try the following steps....I apologize if you've done these already:

 

1. Disconnect the extension through HubSpot.

2. Disconnect the extension through Microsoft OR double-check that the disconnection worked. 

3. Log out from HubSpot and restart your computer. 

 

Once your computer is up and running again...

1. Reconnect the extension via HubSpot. 

2. Set-up the extension in Outlook. 

3. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. 

Good Luck!

 

Will Smith
HubSpot Certified Trainer