Outlook Sales Extension

LucyWatson

Automatically BCC Emails

SOLVE

I want my emails to automatically BCC in hubspot however it has stopped doing this and i cannot get it to do it again. I feel i have tried everything, uninstallaling, reinstalling...i still have to click on the hub spot app thing to get the BCC to come up, but i do not want to have to do that. I just want to click new email and it already do it for me? 

Any help?

2 Accepted solutions
LucyWatson
Solution

Automatically BCC Emails

SOLVE

I have sorted this issue! I deleted the hub spot add on..then reinstalled then reinstalled through the hub spot webpage! thankfully i now do not have to click to log my emails as i just couldnt keep remembering to do this! hah! 

Thanks!! 

View solution in original post

JTromp
Solution
Participant

Automatically BCC Emails

SOLVE

I have applied what LucyWatson gives as a solution and it works.
Apparently there are two add-ins for Outlook. The Desktop version, and the 365 version. If the 365 is installed, it automatically also installs on the desktop version, but as it has different functions, it's not as smooth.

With the Desktop version, the emails pop-up automatically with BCC and are automatically tracked (or not, depending on your local add-in settings). So super thankfull for your comment @LucyWatson 

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
27 Replies 27
HSteingräber
Participant

Automatically BCC Emails

SOLVE

I have the same issue. But the thread here does not help

0 Upvotes
henryh44

Automatically BCC Emails

SOLVE

You have to download the desktop add-in, not the 365 addin.  See link below.  Click "outlook desktop add-in" on far right.

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/settings/how-to-install-hubspot-sales

0 Upvotes
PetrasB
Participant

Automatically BCC Emails

SOLVE

When is it planned to make this feature available for everyone using Office365 Outlook online version? Thanks

0 Upvotes
LucyWatson
Solution

Automatically BCC Emails

SOLVE

I have sorted this issue! I deleted the hub spot add on..then reinstalled then reinstalled through the hub spot webpage! thankfully i now do not have to click to log my emails as i just couldnt keep remembering to do this! hah! 

Thanks!! 

JTromp
Solution
Participant

Automatically BCC Emails

SOLVE

I have applied what LucyWatson gives as a solution and it works.
Apparently there are two add-ins for Outlook. The Desktop version, and the 365 version. If the 365 is installed, it automatically also installs on the desktop version, but as it has different functions, it's not as smooth.

With the Desktop version, the emails pop-up automatically with BCC and are automatically tracked (or not, depending on your local add-in settings). So super thankfull for your comment @LucyWatson 

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Automatically BCC Emails

SOLVE

Thanks for sharing this update with us, @JTromp

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes
josephrealeyes

Automatically BCC Emails

SOLVE

does this work for the Mac version of Outlook?

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Automatically BCC Emails

SOLVE

Hi @josephrealeyes,

You can use the O365 extension on a Mac if your inbox is hosted by Office 365.

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
ryanmedd
Contributor

Automatically BCC Emails

SOLVE

I just did the same... although...  I realized I had the add in for Office 365 installed. So, I removed that, and installed the add in for Outlook.  This appears to have done the trick.  

PetrasB
Participant

Automatically BCC Emails

SOLVE

Hi - I've removed and installed the add-in again but I still have to manually press button to get it in BCC. Is there any other way of doing this?

0 Upvotes
Patrick_Young

Automatically BCC Emails

SOLVE

I have the exact same issue, almost none of my e-mails have been logged or tracked for weeks now.  Only if i trigger the hubspot add-in by clicking the icon when writing an e-mail.  Yes I'm logged in, yes log and track are activated, no the auto bcc doesn't apear unless triggered.  I'd like to uninstall and reinstall the add-in but this is controlled by my admin so I have to wait to see if they will do this for us.  Shame, it was such a good feature but if it's nor reliable then what is the point?

0 Upvotes
Patrick_Young

Automatically BCC Emails

SOLVE

I actually just fixed this myself, in outlook --> File--> Options--> Add-ins --> at the bottom you will see a box which says COM Add-ins and next to it a GO button.  This brings up a list with add-ins available, Hubspot was unchecked, check the box and hey presto!

MarkBoulter
Participant

Automatically BCC Emails

SOLVE

This is the actual solution to this   - thanks for sharing!!

0 Upvotes
sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

Automatically BCC Emails

SOLVE

Thank you for sharing this @Patrick_Young  I am glad you were able to fixed 🙂

Happy Friday

Sharon

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
PetrasB
Participant

Automatically BCC Emails

SOLVE

Hi - I use Office365 Hubspot add-in and it's not fixed. Removing and installing again does not help. In Patrick's case - he used Office on-premise version. Can you suggest a solution for Office365 Hubspot add-in, so that bcc would be added automatically? I still need to do it manually for every single email although my add-in settings in O365 are set to automatic everytime.

0 Upvotes
ryanmedd
Contributor

Automatically BCC Emails

SOLVE

Questions...

A: Why can't you just use the Outlook plug in?

B: Is there a benefit to use the Office365 plug in over the Outlook one?

I used the Office365 one, had the issue, switched to Outlook, don't have the issue now.

And, finally...

C: Would using both be beneficial, at all?

0 Upvotes
PetrasB
Participant

Automatically BCC Emails

SOLVE

So to clear any confusion - O365 is the cloud version of Outlook. And there is also a dekstop version of Outlook. I am using the cloud version and I will not be switching to desktop version just because of a bug in Hubspot add-in. 

The add-in has this feature - you select to add bcc automatically but it just does not work. THe add-in is there for the cloud Outlook version. I really need this fixed.

Thanks

0 Upvotes
signsofus

Automatically BCC Emails

SOLVE

I am having an additonal problem...

Whether I automatically or manually  choose to send a bcc to Hubspot when sending an email in Outlook 365, it always adds my email address to the bcc line next to Hubspot bcc. It never did this before. I can easily delete the bcc to myself as I certainly don't need it but it's become a P-I-A frankly.  Does anyone know how to change this? I have deleted the Hubspot add-in and have reinstalled it twice now and cannot get rid of it automatically bcc'ing myself in additon to the forwarding the email into Hubspot which is the sole intent.

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Automatically BCC Emails

SOLVE

Hi @signsofus,

Can you send along screenshots showing where this is happening? Additionally can you confirm this only occurs when you are using the HubSpot extension? 

The more information, screenshots and details you can provide, the better the Community can assist.

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
PetrasB
Participant

Automatically BCC Emails

SOLVE

Hi, is there any update regarding the initial question of not getting autmatic BCC in emails? I still have to do it manually in each email. This feature is one of the reasons I use hubspot so it's becoming quite useless at this stage.

0 Upvotes