Outlook Sales Extension

LucyWatson

Automatically BCC Emails

SOLVE

I want my emails to automatically BCC in hubspot however it has stopped doing this and i cannot get it to do it again. I feel i have tried everything, uninstallaling, reinstalling...i still have to click on the hub spot app thing to get the BCC to come up, but i do not want to have to do that. I just want to click new email and it already do it for me? 

Any help?

2 Accepted solutions
LucyWatson
Solution

Automatically BCC Emails

SOLVE

I have sorted this issue! I deleted the hub spot add on..then reinstalled then reinstalled through the hub spot webpage! thankfully i now do not have to click to log my emails as i just couldnt keep remembering to do this! hah! 

Thanks!! 

View solution in original post

JTromp
Solution
Participant

Automatically BCC Emails

SOLVE

I have applied what LucyWatson gives as a solution and it works.
Apparently there are two add-ins for Outlook. The Desktop version, and the 365 version. If the 365 is installed, it automatically also installs on the desktop version, but as it has different functions, it's not as smooth.

With the Desktop version, the emails pop-up automatically with BCC and are automatically tracked (or not, depending on your local add-in settings). So super thankfull for your comment @LucyWatson 

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
28 Replies 28
PetrasB
Participant

Automatically BCC Emails

SOLVE

Hi, is there any update regarding the initial question of not getting autmatic BCC in emails? I still have to do it manually in each email. This feature is one of the reasons I use hubspot so it's becoming quite useless at this stage.

0 Upvotes
ZacL

Automatically BCC Emails

SOLVE

I am also getting the same issue!  Have to manually click on the Sales Tools every time to get it to populate the Bcc field on both my mac and pc, both using Office 365.

To be clear, I only experience this issue when using the Office365 plugin, as I have tested installing and removing completely the Outlook desktop version add-in from my windows laptop, and it then does not include the Bcc field automatically.

***The solution I have found is to pin the HubSpot Sales tool sidebar so that it pops up in every message.  This way it automatically populates the Bcc field.***  This is a band-aid but this works perfectly fine for now.

0 Upvotes
sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

Automatically BCC Emails

SOLVE

Hey @LucyWatson 

With the HubSpot Sales email extension, you can automatically log emails sent from outside of HubSpot to the CRM

Could you please check if you have enabled the log and track option in your extension settings?

You can find here the details for the Chrome extension and here for the Outlook desktop add-in extension. 

I hope this helps

Thank you
Sharon

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
LucyWatson

Automatically BCC Emails

SOLVE

Hi Sharon,

These are all on, but i have the click the hub spot app on the bar at the top of my email to put in the BCC for hupspot...how do i get this to do this automatically? 

sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

Automatically BCC Emails

SOLVE

Hey @LucyWatson 

I think there is a confusion here. If you are using the Sales extension and you mark the option to log and track the email will be logged and tracked. It´s not necessary to add the BCC email. 

I hope this helps

Thank you

Sharon

0 Upvotes
LucyWatson

Automatically BCC Emails

SOLVE

No, it doesn't work. My emails are not logged or tracked without clicking that button. Up until now i have never needed to do this, it usually its on hubspot already, and tracked. 

Why would it not be doing this?

Thanks!

sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

Automatically BCC Emails

SOLVE

Hey @LucyWatson 

Could you please send me a screenshot of the extension? Also, could you please send me a screenshot of the extension settings?

You can find here the details for the Chrome extension and here for the Outlook desktop add-in extension. 

Thank you

Sharon

0 Upvotes
ryanmedd
Contributor

Automatically BCC Emails

SOLVE

Hi Sharon,

I've noted the same issue with the Outlook extension. I need to ensure I have "turned on" the extension before sending an email, or no logging or tracking will happen. This did used to happen in the background as a sort of global setting.