Outlook Sales Extension

Justin_Pacific

Associate email to deal only

Does anyone know how to associate an email recieved from a 3rd party to a deal?

My client is a finance broker, offering finance to businesses. During the sales process, they will receive a number of offers from lenders (3rd parties) for their customer to consider. They want to be able to capture these offers (usually and email + attachment) on the customer deal so they have everything in one place. 

The only way I can find to get the email from the lender associated to the deal is to have the lender set up as a contact and to then reply to the offer email and use the Outlook Sales Plugin to associate the reply (and hence the original email) with the deal. 

This is not a very slick solution. What they really want is to simply associate the email from the lender directly with the deal, without having to set up and associate the lender as a contact.

Has anyone solved this type of scenario previously? Or am I missing something obvious with the Outlook plugin?

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Justin_Pacific,

Thanks for reaching out! 

I would like to add our subject matter experts to this conversation to see if they have advice. 

Hi @CateDuarte@Josh@NicoleSengers - Do you have any thoughts for @Justin_Pacific on this? 

Thank you!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
Justin_Pacific

Thanks @kvlschaefer much appreciated and interested to hear thoughts on how we might solve this for our client