Outlook Sales Extension

Justin24

ALL outgoing emails flagged as spam!

We have been using HubSpot for a couple of months now and have been happy up until yesterday. 

Every email from each account is undeliverable now because it has been flagged as spam by GoDaddy because of the additional BCC that "sidekick" uses to track the emails and load them in to the HubSpot CRM. So the emails don't even go to the spam folder, they simply get stopped from leaving the server. Even internal emails to trusted accounts. 

We contacted GoDaddy and they said they will not remove the ban because of reported abuse from other programs using "sidekick". So they have blocked that specific address, which of course is on every email. We have not sent out any spam or bulk emails whatsoever. Simply communicating with our customers in an email heavy business. 

When we delete the Outlook extension we are able to send emails just fine but then they don't track to Hubspot which is obviously a big part of why we took the time to set it up. 

Does anyone know a solution to this? There is no point in upgrading if we can't even send an internal email after just 2 months of normal activity tracking. I can't imagine how quickly it would happen when we begin work flow emailing. 

0 Upvotes
8 Replies 8
ThreadsHelp2018
Top Contributor

Hi,

One workaround would be to use a third party integration (e.g. Threads )  to automatically log your emails in HubSpot without needing to use the bcc option. 

Best

Francesca

AFlaws
Participant

I am in NZ and in the same situation, except I am not using GoDaddy. My outlook will send the emails no problem and some clients receive it but Gmail and some other mail recipients flag them as spam. If I remove hubspot from the BCC line it gets through fine. I will use the same temporary work-around but it is etremely frustrating. I am not doing bulk emails or using lists, simply individual emails to individual clients - but I want to track them in CRM.

0 Upvotes
NZuser

Hi everyone,

We (in New Zealand) use the free Hubpot CRM and Outlook add on. This has worked seamlessly until last week.

All our outgoing emails were being picked up as spam and were bouncing back as undeliverable.  These were regular text only emails with no links/attachments/spam related wordings etc that we send on a weekly basis.

We spoke to our ISP (Spark) who advised they had been contacted by numerous hubspot users with the same problem. 

They advised that Hubspot has changed some sort of setting in the background which has inadvertently resulted in outgoing emails that have the Outlook add in activated (with BCC.hubspot.com) to be rejected and bouncing back as spam.

As a result we have had to disable this add on and have to now manually copy paste emails into contact activities/notes.  This has fixed our email issue but has made Hubspot much more difficult to use as we are having to manually note all communications.

I’m sure this will be a big problem across the board as it will affect both paying customers and the users of free hubspot and potentially result in companies migrating to other CRMs.

Please can some one get back to me about this to let me know when this has been rectified so we can again activate our Outlook add on.

Looking forward to a response.  Thank you. Deb

Justin24

We are in that exact same boat. Our provider is GoDaddy and they said that they had complaints from people abusing the bulk mailing features offered by sidekick. So any email that has the BCC in it gets kicked back as undeliverable. Even internal emails. I have attempted a few different tech sessions with both Hubspot and GoDaddy and neither of them have a solution. So we are doing exactly what you are doing with the copy and paste but that is much more work. I certainly won't be using any of the pay tools if we can't track the information. 

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @Justin24,

Thank you for all the information. 

As outlined in this resource   "If the recipient has a very strict spam filter where they block any images or link tracking from loading in emails, your tracked email could be filtered as spam. However, these tools are quite common in the industry, and the majority of email clients will not view your email any differently than before." 

Wanted to share this community post here as well with what other users did on their end. 

I hope this information helps.

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
Justin24

I suppose saying it was flagged as spam was not the best choice of words. The emails are literally undeliverable to any address if the BCC to Hubspot is included. So if we remove it, then the emails send. But if the BCC remains, then the email doesn't get delivered at all. It doesn't even have a chance to be flagged as spam. It never leaves the outbound server. So either we remove the BCC and the email can be delivered, but won't track, or we can't send the email at all. 

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @Justin24,

Could you please provide us more details in one example and what is the error showing? If it's being marked as spam, teaching the inbox that the email is acceptable can help to prevent futures spam sent. But if you are getting another error, the more information, screenshots, and details you can provide, the better I can advise on the next steps.

Thank you!

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
Justin24

We received a message like the following one for each email that included the tracking BCC. 

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject:     Revolution Transportation Check-In

Sent:  12/2/2020 11:30 AM

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

'Courtney C' on 12/2/2020 11:30 AM

552 kXp3kkVYaDz3C :: auth :: Message rejected for spam or virus content :: Please include this entire message when contacting support :: v=2.4 cv=BLt2EHcG c=1 sm=1 tr=0 ts=5fc7eb32 p=3cpvfbDdAAAA:8 a=B0wl9bmhKPm7jMMUDV7A8w==:117 a=B0wl9bmhKPm7jMMUDV7A8w==:17 a=DAwyPP_o2Byb1YXLmDAA:9 a=8CqoPh1EAAAA:8 a=EvHHT60QEr8dnm3-DR0A:9 a=CjuIK1q_8ugA:10 a=a04BxT6QnCwA:10 a=dZaMiuAtB5MA:10 a=ks-wx6_yGbUA:10 a=Qy2abWK2rfIA:10 a=NWVoK91CQyQA:10 a=yMhMjlubAAAA:8 a=SSmOFEACAAAA:8 a=BwY0LEzaWQ-z3ZDY-7QA:9 a=7a8Nyyqqg4OQIWCk:21 a=gKO2Hq4RSVkA:10 a=UiCQ7L4-1S4A:10 a=hTZeC7Yk6K0A:10 a=frz4AuCg-hUA:10 a=FEk2EQ044nIA:10 a=E3CZemsVJ4D6VD3xXAcA:9 a=Ra-deqss9iu7kbte:18 a=HXjIzolwW10A:10 a=T6a71-JsGAwA:10 a=rAhcg75hzDocxTtxzB7c:22 a=lBTokIvuTffhEvAYM3YK:22 a=MiomEtBcibJUCiyBwEPz:22 a=2yfNLOE6sLdixNCDUOcu:22 a=p-dnK0njbqwfn1k4-x12:22 a=MURpYVOlrLSSKvKaDb7l:22 :: 100.00

0 Upvotes