Outlook Sales Extension

JeffSavlov
Participant

2 email accounts in Outlook - only want one connected to HubSpot

SOLVE

Hi,

I have my work email (want this connected to HubSpot) and my personal email (Gmail - do not want it connected to HubSpot).

The Outlook add-in shows up on tool bar for both work email and Gmail accounts in Outlook. It wants to track and log emails for my personal email. 

Is there a way to only have the Outlook add-in connect to my work email? NOT the Gmail? Not on Gmail toolbar. 

Thanks!

Jeff

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
JeffSavlov
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

And to complete the loop, see this link and screen shot from the web page the link refers to. Agrees with my last post. Add-in will show up in Outlook even for an email not connected to HubSpot. And whether or not log/track are checked - nothing will happen. 

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email-tracking/track-and-log-emails-with-the-hubspot-sales-outlook-des...

JeffSavlov_0-1619803181310.jpeg

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
FGundlach
Contributor

SOLVE

I am facing the same issue, as are about 50 people on this thread for four years. PLEASE add functionality to the Outlook extension that allows us to choose for which accounts tracking should be enabled. It is unacceptable that personal mails are automatically forwarded to Hubspot and customers need to trust that they are properly deleted.

0 Upvotes
JeffSavlov
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

And to complete the loop, see this link and screen shot from the web page the link refers to. Agrees with my last post. Add-in will show up in Outlook even for an email not connected to HubSpot. And whether or not log/track are checked - nothing will happen. 

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email-tracking/track-and-log-emails-with-the-hubspot-sales-outlook-des...

JeffSavlov_0-1619803181310.jpeg

0 Upvotes
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JeffSavlov , 
Are the personal and work Outlook account separate from each other or are they both linked together on the same Outlook?

If your personal and work are on the same outlook it would give you the option to track on both. You can turn off the logging and tracking settings and then only chose to have them on for your work emails. Refer this guide here how to do this.

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards.

0 Upvotes
JeffSavlov
Participant

SOLVE

So, I tested all combinations and it looks like that while the HubSpot add-in shows up on my toolbar for BOTH accounts, it does NOTHING on my Gmail (personal not connected to HubSpot) account, regardless of whether track and/or log are checked. It DOES work on the work account which is connected to HubSpot. So, if I have this correct, it looks like one can ignore the add-in and settings (track and log checked or uncheked) and it will do nothing on the account not connected to a HubSpot account. 

Hope this helps others. 

Jeff