2 different e-mails (to 2 different companies) with exact same hour / day of "opening"

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi.

I have sent 2 different mails to 2 different companies with 2 different contents/attached documents. Unfortunately, I put twice the same title.

When I check the tracking of this e-mail, I see those people opened 3 times my e-mail, exactly at the same time, the exact same day.

One with the tag "RE : " because he answered me and I contacted him back. 

This information is crucial in a commercial follow-up perspective. So who opened the mail "for real"?

(Like if I contact Joe from Hubspot through an e-mail with title "Contact" and Hubspot related content. 2 days later, I contact Josh from Zoho through an e-mail with title "Contact" and Zoho related content. Josh opened the mail and I followed-up with "Re : Contact")

juan antonio.PNGmarc parilla.PNG

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
Community Manager

Hi @lquataert,

Do you mind sharing more information around what the roadblock is? Are you looking to see who opened a specific email? Did you send the same email to multiple recipients, or was it just the name that was the same? 

If you look at the individual's contact record, you will be able to see the email that was specifically sent to them.

Thank you,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Thanks for your reply but  please read carefully my comment.

This e-mail was sent to 2 different people (A and B) from 2 different company with 2 very different content BUT with (unfortunately) the same title.

When I check in A and B, I see EXACTLY the same opening hour on the same day which is totally impossible...

So I would like to know what the bug is!!!!

Best,

Lionel

PS : I noted that when I opened a sent e-mail in my outlook account, it mentioned the mail was opened by the recipient. I made several test that confirmed this bug

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @lquataert,

Based on the information I am seeing, the open notifications are coming from your IP address. 

I would recommend following the steps outlined here to prevent this from happening again. 

Thank you,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Hmmm,

Then how do you explain that the notification sent is exactly the same (hour + date) for 2 recipients (from 2 different companies) that have received an e-mail with a very very different content, on 2 very different day but unfortunately with the same title (the only thing they had in common)

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @lquataert,

Depending on the settings of your email configuration, the notifications can be triggered by settings within your inbox, or firewalls, scanning messages sent from your inbox. As the notifications are associated with the same IP address, I would recommend going through the steps previously outlined to block email opens from your IP address

Thank you,
Jenny

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Hi

A couple of things:
Was the message CC: to anyone? If they open it, the message "opened" also gets sent without indication as to which recipient opened the mail.

Second, if you looked in your sent items.. it will send an "opened" message

0 Upvotes