💬 RevOps Discussions

maggiebutler
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

Welcome to the OpsLife community! Introduce yourself here 💬

OpsLife is HubSpot's newest community for Operations professionals. Whether you're in Marketing Ops, Sales Ops, Customer Success Ops, RevOps, or another type of Ops role -- we're here to provide a home for the content, education, and resources you need. And if we're going to be living here, we should get to know each other!

If you're here in this community, introduce yourself in this thread to meet and start a conversation with other Ops professionals.

Feel free to mention what tools, processes, or responsibilities you are focused on. Starting to share these details can help you connect with someone who might be in the same type of role or company.

Happy networking,

Maggie

133 Replies 133
Connorj13
Contributor | Elite Partner
Contributor | Elite Partner

Subscription management with Hubspot is amazing. Let us know if you need any support as you work through it. We're a chargebee partner. 

A8 Labs

0 Upvotes
maggiebutler
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

@charliepinker wrote:

Thanks for the head up Sharon, I'll keep an eye on the community!

I work in a small agile product team so I do pretty much everything apart from development - Sales, Customer Success, Product Management, and I do all the ops stuff to support that. Hubspot powers our website, marketing, sales and CRM, and I use Zapier to push/pull data from/to it to other systems like Calendly and Intercom. One day we'll do it via the API.

Our main area of focus currently is marketing insights. E.g. how do we best analyse and interpret the performance of existing marketing activities to inform what best to do next, and what key metrics should we be monitoring. We've had some temporary marketing assistance and are now hiring for a permanent position in the team so hopefully that person will be able to help with this, as me and the boss aren't expects in marketing by any stretch of the imagination!

We are also implementing Chargebee for subscription management and invoicing, so no doubt there will be a bunch of work to get the information flowing between the two systems. I always try and automate wherever possible.

@charliepinker Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself, and welcome to OpsLife! Really excited you are part of our community. Figuring out how to get the right perspective/insights from data is not always easy (as you know). What have you learned about doing this, or what piece of advice can you give someone who might be just starting their own journey of getting better insights out of their marketing? Maybe we can find some other Ops folks who are passionate about this and we can swap stories. 

sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey everyone! I'd like to bring to your attention this new board where you can meet with other Operations professionals! 

Please introduce yourself here! We'd love to meet you!

@warrendavey @ErinStudstill @joverholt @thekwhour @piadmin @vanae  @charliepinker @JCSalesOps @jessewragg @JoeAvsource 

Thank you
Sharon 🙂

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

Poonam20-design
Participant

Hey Sharon! I hope you're doing well. I have something in my mind that i want to know - Data Analyst + Business Analyst + Digital Marketing. Is this sound good?
0 Upvotes
JCSalesOps
Participant

Great to be here and thank you Sharon for inviting me to this group. I lead Sales Operations and look forward to hearing ideas on reporting, dashboards, alerts and managing Sales processes and behavior. I am relatively new to hubSpot and have only been using it for 5 months. I would be interested to hear thoughts on reporting on Activiies as it relates to pipeline management.

JC

maggiebutler
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

@JCSalesOps wrote:

Great to be here and thank you Sharon for inviting me to this group. I lead Sales Operations and look forward to hearing ideas on reporting, dashboards, alerts and managing Sales processes and behavior. I am relatively new to hubSpot and have only been using it for 5 months. I would be interested to hear thoughts on reporting on Activiies as it relates to pipeline management.

JC

Hi @JCSalesOps great to have you here! Trying to think of what I have that can help you with what you mentioned...

On Sept 28 we are doing a deep dive on Sales Hub Enterprise - this will be right after INBOUND, where we typically announce product updates. This webinar afterwards will talk about any new updates to the product that customers should know. This might help you get up to speed faster!

We recently did an AMA with Channing Ferrer our SVP of Sales and there's really good Q&A in there about best practices for sales. I wonder - do you have any additional questions for him, maybe something specific around pipeline management? Let me know; accurate forecasting and pipeline health is top of mind for us right now as we talk about annual planning. 

warrendavey
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

Hey Everyone!

Man do I love HubSpot and all the growth.  I previously spent 12 years working in Salesforces CRM and have been loving the ease and robustness of HubSpot for 2 years now. My background is in CRM and helping sales and project teams build solutions. 

About Pearagon

Gold Solutions Partner (Platinum in less than one week!).  We focus on the architecture and capabilities of HubSpot across the board.  We are not a marketing agency but have great partners and always looking for more to refer clients too.  Even though we have dev capabilities we are not exclusively a dev shop.  We help clients solve problems and show them how easy it is to solve those problems in HubSpot. I love to collaborate and would love to talk with any other partners at any time.  Book time with me to chat

✔️ Was I able to help answer your question? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Davey Waren
Pearagon

Still have questions? Let's Talk

maggiebutler
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

Hi @warrendavey really excited to have you here! It's great to have an expert in #OpsLife in building systems and getting teams up and running; so many of us have questions about these topics.

Do you have any best practices or lessons you've learned over the years that you can share with us, maybe for someone who might be thinking about adopting a CRM for the first time? And - what about someone who is swtiching? I'd love to share these in our community.