google voice app integration?

SOLVE
Highlighted
New Contributor

I use Google voice for a work number that is seperate from my personal number, on the same device. I can make a recieve calls from within the hubspot mobile app via my google number but, my text messages go out through my personal number. Is there a way to change this so that when I use the text feature, the message will go out on my Google Voice number?

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Hi @PNWHarvestSolut,

While this is not a functionality at the moment, I would recommend upvoting this idea or creating an idea of your own.

Thank you,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
7 Replies 7
Community Manager

Hi @PNWHarvestSolut,

While this is not a functionality at the moment, I would recommend upvoting this idea or creating an idea of your own.

Thank you,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
Occasional Contributor

I'm trying to find this exact solution right now. We're looking into using a phone number that is only listed on our clients' websites so we can track whether people are calling because they looked at the website or not.

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

I talked with a support person at HubSpot. Sounds like Google Voice SMS won't work but they offer a connection to Salesmsg, which is $30/month for 750 messages. The setup landing page for HubSpot is here (https://www.hubspot.com/integrations/salesmsg).

0 Upvotes
How do you make the calls using google voice number through app? Mine always uses my real number.
ZGO
New Contributor

Same question here.

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

@Riley  I'm a #SamsungKnight and have choices when I click the call button on HubSpot's mobile app.

$RVQXSAR.jpg

I'm thinking you probably chose to follow the crowd and get an iPhone. iOS does not let it's customers decide much of anything let alone how their phone handles calling. I can pretty much guarantee that @PNWHarvestSolut instead chose to be a shepherd and lead the way with Android.

I will admit that when I use the text button I can only use my T-mobile number. A work around for that though is to text using the Google Voice or Google Hangouts App. Yes, it **bleep** that tracking and logging are lost that way. I'm currently using Toky for both calls and texts. It integrates with HubSpot and supports tracking but texts must be made from the toky app or website.

0 Upvotes
ZGO
New Contributor

@PNWHarvestSolut how were you able to set your google number as your hubspot mobile app number? I want to make calls through the app from my google number rather than my personal number, but haven't been able to figure out how to do it.

0 Upvotes