Mobile Application

herodotuseduc
Contributor

conversations

When a contact chats via messenger app, there is no email information. I asked the contact for email information and the contact provided it to me and used it to update the field email. All these happened in the Hubspot app for android. upon updating the contact with email address, i couldn't send a chatscript via email, because it was initially a messenger chat, despite the fact that email was provided after the conversation started and was used to update the contact.Screenshot_2022-09-06-15-11-44-834_com.hubspot.android.jpgScreenshot_2022-09-06-08-51-20-972_com.hubspot.android.jpg

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
herodotuseduc
Contributor

conversations

this is what's available when an email address is available for a contact and the chat was initiated via the plug in.Screenshot_2022-09-07-18-25-03-791_com.hubspot.android.jpg

0 Upvotes
Jnix284
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

conversations

Hi @herodotuseduc when you close a chat in the android app, it automatically sends a transcript as long as you have the email associated at the time you close it. This eliminates the extra step of having to send the transcript separately.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

herodotuseduc
Contributor

conversations

hi, i agree that this is the case. but if the chat is via messenger, this does not happen, even if an email is added to the contact that initiated the chat in facebook messenger.

0 Upvotes