Mobile Application

dsharpe
Miembro

Why cant we set the properties a team sees when creating a contact on the mobile app?

resolver

When entering a new contact manually, is there a way to set which fields (and in what order) the team sees? 

The street address, city/state/zip, etc fields are on a second screen (More Properties) but the City field is near the top of that second screen, street address is near the bottom of the list, state, etc are all out of useful order.

Can I choose what fields show up on the first screen?

Using new iPad, Hubspot v 2.16.3

3 Soluciones aceptadas
dsharpe
Solución
Miembro

Why cant we set the properties a team sees when creating a contact on the mobile app?

resolver

Thanks, May,

I had already done this on my desktop--but I can't find a way to accomplish the same thing on the iOS app.

All of the necessary fields are in the list (when manually entering a contact in the app), but they are not in usable order--and I don't find a place to re-order them.

Dave

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

0 Me gusta
MayPascaud
Solución
Exmiembro de HubSpot
Exmiembro de HubSpot

resolver

Hi @dsharpe and @RaSk

Indeed, as you mentioned, the default properties that appear in contact records and when creating new contacts are not yet customizable on the iOS app. I believe that this is a feature our development team will be looking into at a later date.

I did find this idea on our ideas forum, which mentions a need for this feature. I would recommend either upvoting/commenting on this idea or creating your own pertaining to this request. Posts on the ideas forum are the best way for our product team to gage impact and need for a specific feature - by upvoting and commenting this feature request, the idea will grow in popularity, thus increasing its chances of implementation.

My best,

May

MayPascaud
Solución
Exmiembro de HubSpot
Exmiembro de HubSpot

resolver

Hi @RaSk, I'm not aware of any future plans to make default properties deletable, but please upvote and comment on this idea on our ideas forum in order to pass along your feedback to our development team. 

The reason that default properties are not deletable is that they should not affect you if you do not have a need for them: you can customize the properties that appear in the "About" section for your contacts, and all other properties will not be visible to you unless you physically go to "All Properties" and search for them. Because of the customizable nature of the contact record, you should not need to interact with properties that you do not need for your business.

Best,

May

0 Me gusta
10 Respuestas 10
Neil-CoastLM
Participante

resolver

I second this idea. The mobile app should reflect the desktop version.

MedZone
Participante

resolver

This is a big deal to those who have sales teams in the field. When they are making calls they need to be able to input info into the mobile app quickly.  Let's move this changes up on the priority list.  Our sales teams need this!

TheNiceGuys
Participante

resolver

Agreed! Being able to see things in the mobile app  properly is essential to being able to use this software successfully. We often need address information to be able to visit clients' residences, but going to "more properties" is not helping me solve my biggest problem which is a loooong search time in finding needed info on a specific client.

MayPascaud
Exmiembro de HubSpot
Exmiembro de HubSpot

resolver

Hi @dsharpe! As an Account Administrator, you are able to customize the properties seen by your team in individual contacts' "About" sections - and this choice also determines the properties that show up when you add contacts manually. This article outlines how to customize these properties: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/settings/how-can-i-set-default-properties-that-sh...

Let me know if you have any questions for me!
May

0 Me gusta
dsharpe
Solución
Miembro

resolver

Thanks, May,

I had already done this on my desktop--but I can't find a way to accomplish the same thing on the iOS app.

All of the necessary fields are in the list (when manually entering a contact in the app), but they are not in usable order--and I don't find a place to re-order them.

Dave

0 Me gusta
RaSk
Participante

resolver

Hi,

Another solution would be to delete unused properties for contact/company creation.

The problem is that we are not allowed to delete properties created by Hubspot, is there a reason or a way to do it ?

Best regards,

Alex

0 Me gusta
MayPascaud
Solución
Exmiembro de HubSpot
Exmiembro de HubSpot

resolver

Hi @dsharpe and @RaSk

Indeed, as you mentioned, the default properties that appear in contact records and when creating new contacts are not yet customizable on the iOS app. I believe that this is a feature our development team will be looking into at a later date.

I did find this idea on our ideas forum, which mentions a need for this feature. I would recommend either upvoting/commenting on this idea or creating your own pertaining to this request. Posts on the ideas forum are the best way for our product team to gage impact and need for a specific feature - by upvoting and commenting this feature request, the idea will grow in popularity, thus increasing its chances of implementation.

My best,

May

blarson_forrest
Participante

resolver

Thank you for your prompt response. 

My supervisor asked me to research his question, so it's most helpful that I can respond to him quickly - even though the answer may not be what we're looking for right now.

I look forward to seeing more mobile app developments in the near future.

0 Me gusta
RaSk
Participante

resolver

Hi @MayPascaud

Why the default properties cannot be deleted? I understand that it could be useful for some companies but for my business 90% of those properties are not useful at all (and will never be).

In the future, could those properties can be deleted?

Best regards,

Alex

0 Me gusta
MayPascaud
Solución
Exmiembro de HubSpot
Exmiembro de HubSpot

resolver

Hi @RaSk, I'm not aware of any future plans to make default properties deletable, but please upvote and comment on this idea on our ideas forum in order to pass along your feedback to our development team. 

The reason that default properties are not deletable is that they should not affect you if you do not have a need for them: you can customize the properties that appear in the "About" section for your contacts, and all other properties will not be visible to you unless you physically go to "All Properties" and search for them. Because of the customizable nature of the contact record, you should not need to interact with properties that you do not need for your business.

Best,

May

0 Me gusta