Mobile Application

MBurgers
Participant

QR code scanning at conferences

Hi, I have just learned about the QR code scanning in the mobile app and this looks as a great opportunity to scan leads during conferences. I am looking for a cost effective way of scanning leads at conferences and we used to do this with AtEvent. With this it is possible to scan QR codes at conferences but usually the coding of the conference has to be implemented, how will this work in the mobile app?

Would love to learn about it!

10 Replies 10
MKarhoff

Hi! Thanks for sharing this. 

Would this work on LinkedIn QR codes? I have tried a few times, but it doesn't seem to be pulling their link. 

0 Upvotes
StjepanGrcic
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

Hi @MBurgers 

You can add-on this FREE app from the Marketplace called ScanContacts for HubSpot it gives you ability do map date and place of the event. 

StjepanGrcic_0-1686841161080.png

StjepanGrcic_1-1686841213167.png

Let me know if this has helped you. Cheers!

Stjepan copy.jpg

MBurgers
Participant

Hi @StjepanGrcic ,

Thanks for sending over the suggestion. We are fine with adding a location or place of the event. The main problem are the QR codes which come from the conference organisers, like I have described before. 

Best,

Maarten

0 Upvotes
MBurgers
Participant

hi @StjepanGrcic ,

Thank you for your answer! 

I figured out how the QR code scanning works, building lists etc. My question is more, does it scan all QR codes? at a lot of conferences you need to buy lead scanning to be able to scan the QR codes particpants have on their badges. I cant imagine Hubspot found a way around this. Do you have any idea about this?

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
StjepanGrcic

Hi @MBurgers yes. I believe it scans all QR codes. More about this here https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Releases-and-Updates/Live-Now-Mobile-QR-Code-Scanner/ba-p/632702

StjepanGrcic

Hi @MBurgers 

Yes you can do that with HubSpot mobile app. The QR Code Scanner is available both on iOS and Android platforms to 100% of our customers. To access it download the latest HubSpot mobile app from Apple Store or Google Playstore.

Also, scanning QR codes complements HubSpot’s mobile app business card scanning offering when meeting in-person prospects and leads at events, such as, conventions, conferences or trade shows.

You can access the QR code scanner either by navigating directly to the 'More' tab within the Mobile HubSpot app, when creating a new contact straight on the mobile CRM page or long tapping the HubSpot app icon and accessing it through the home screen shortcut. Once tapped, the phone camera is triggered and ready to be pointed to the QR code. QR code is read and encoded vCard type contact information fields are read and displayed in the HubSpot mobile app for final confirmation. You can edit or add any missing contact fields before confirming and creating the new contact in their CRM.

If you want to create a list of these contacts or use properties as triggeers in Workflows here is the SOURCE:

The original source: Offline Sources

Original source drill-down 1: MOBILE_IOS or MOBILE_ANDROID

Original Source drill-down 2: business-card-scanner

Cheers!

stjepan_hubspot_forum_footer.png

CCordova73
Participant

Hello Stjepan,

Thank you for the helpful info about the parameters to use to create a list.  I'm wondering, is there a "scan date" or a similar property that could also be referenced?  The source info is helpful to generate a list for all records that were sourced from the scanner, but if I just want to populate a list with scans from a certain event on a certain day(s), how would that work?  

If a contact already exists in the database, but they attend a conference and their QR code is scanned at our booth, how would we include them in a list, if their source info is not a match to the values you provided?

StjepanGrcic

Hi @CCordova73 If I'm understanding correctly you want to capture date of the scan? You can time stamp the date in a custom property example "Conference date" and then use it as a filter in Lists.

NicolePia

Is there a way to scan QR codes to populate Hubspot forms?

0 Upvotes
DianaGomez
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @NicolePia, hope you are doing well. 

If I understood correctly, you would like to pre-populate form values from a QR code?

At the moment, we wouldn't have the functionality to pre-populate form values from a QR code. The only option we would have to pre-populate a form would be through cookies in the users' browser. There's more on this one here. We can, though, import contacts into HubSpot using a QR code and the HubSpot mobile app - but I understand this may not work if there is additional data that the contact would need to fill out on the form.

I do see how this functionality would be useful for both you and our wider customer base. If you have the time, I would recommend adding this as an idea to our Ideas Forum. This forum is a place for customers to share ideas on the functionalities that they would like to see in HubSpot and our product team are constantly monitoring the forum to improve the tool for our users!

Best,

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes