Mobile Application

Wordna
Top Contributor

Logging Calls Initiated in Mobile App

SOLVE

This article makes it sound like calls should automatically be logged if initiated from within the mobile app (https://knowledge.hubspot.com/calling-user-guide/how-to-make-a-call), but that doesn't seem to be happening.  Can someone please help?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Wordna

I have heard back from the developers and your calls should now be logging as expected. If you experience any further issues with the call logging functionality, please let me know.

Thank you,

Jenny

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
30 Replies 30
FanniZ

SOLVE

Hi Community!

We experience something similar to what Amanda described back in August.

One of our salespeople (has an iPhone device) is NOT prompted by the system to log his calls or even create a followup. He has the HubSpot app on his mobile phone, we checked the settings and everything should be according to what HubSpot suggest to make the logging possible.

Everything works just fine with the others so we have no idea if this is because of the iOS system or what, but we need help as this makes his administration process much longer. 😞

Please help. 😞

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @FanniZ, could you please provide us with what version of the IOS system does the user currently have? And what would be the HubSpot app mobile version installed?  The more information, screenshots, and details you can provide, the better I can advise on the next steps.

I also wanted to share this knowledge base with more information 

Thank you!

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

FanniZ

SOLVE
Hi Pam,

Thank you for your reply!
Our colleague updated some things on his devices and now it seems to work
alright.
I will gather further details once he starts experiencing the issues again.
0 Upvotes
AmandaElmore
Contributor

SOLVE

I've read through this thread and I think I have a user experiencing a similiar issue...

One user is having issues getting calls to log correctly in the CRM when making calls from the contact record on his Samsung Android mobile device. He is able to make a call, end the call, record notes and save. He states he is also given the option to create a follow-up task after the call. If he creates the follow-up task then the call is NOT logged, only the follow-up task. However, if he does not choose to create a follow-up task then the call is logged correctly. I'm unable to duplicate this using my own mobile device -- I'm on an iphone and I am NOT prompted to create a follow-up task after the call notes are saved (or anytime within the notes after the call has ended). What's the expected behavior here -- have I discovered a bug or another case of user error? 

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hey @Wordna

When you say log do you mean record or populate on the contact's timeline? While the activity of the call should log either way, you will need to choose to record the call in order for it to record on the contact's timeline. 

Jenny

0 Upvotes
Nboot
Participant

SOLVE

It would be great to associate the call to a deal the contact is associated with! Currently doe not happen

Wordna
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Sorry @jennysowyrda, I should have been more clear.  The activity of the call isn't logging even though I am initiating the call from within the HubSpot mobile app.  I haven't tried recording my calls.

jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Wordna

After you make the call, do you see the option to log the activity? If you're able to grab a screenshot of what populates after you make a call, that would be great. 

After you make the call there should be a page to leave notes, and then save or cancel the call. I am curious if this option is populating for you. Additionally, are you calling through voip or through your cell phone provider? This can be found under settings (within the app).

Any screenshots you can send along would be great! I'd also recommend making sure you have the most up to date version of the app to ensure all of the functionalities are there.

Thanks,
Jenny 

0 Upvotes
Wordna
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @jennysowyrda,

I am running the most up-to-date version of the android app and I have "HubSpot Sales Calling" & "Default recording on" enabled under Sales -> Sales Tools.  I have also registered my cell phone number.  I don't, however, see a setting in my Android app to switch between calling through voip or through my cell phone provider - I am definitely currently calling through my cell phone provider which is what I want.

Screenshot_20170922-090515.png

I click the call icon visible below, make the call & then just get returned back to the screen below:

Screenshot_20170922-090554.png

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Wordna,

I've done some testing on my end and I am not able to replicate that behavior. After making a call the screen I'm presented with is: Screenshot9520170922-122712.png

With that said, can you test this out for me on different contacts, as well as after restarting your phone (just to confirm), and then if you are still experiencing the issue please send along details regarding what type of phone you're working on (make and model). I would also recommend deleting the app and redownloading it to confirm the issue isn't isolated to the version of the app on your phone. 

Let me know how you get on with that and I'll await your answers so we can go forward! 

Thanks,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
Wordna
Top Contributor

SOLVE

@jennysowyrda, it appears my calls are correctly logged IF I disable "HubSpot Caller ID".  I'm assuming that isn't the intended behaviour?

I have tested this with 3 different contacts.

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Wordna

Can you confirm where you are disabling HubSpot Caller ID? 

Additionally, can you please confirm what type of Android phone you are using so that I can continue troubleshooting this on my end? 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
Wordna
Top Contributor

SOLVE

@jennysowyrda, I am disabling HubSpot Caller ID from within the android app (see my previous screenshot).  I am using a Nexus 6P.

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Wordna

I appreciate your patience and answers. I'm going to partner with our support team regarding this to see if they can provide more insight on what is causing this issue and advise on next steps. 

I will reach out once I have more information. 

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Wordna

I have heard back from the developers and your calls should now be logging as expected. If you experience any further issues with the call logging functionality, please let me know.

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
MHuman

SOLVE

Hi.

Calles made through the mobile app are not being logged. I created a test deal, assigned contact and made a call to the contact. After the call, I added a note and a call outcome. The app showed that the call has been logged, but its not showing up under the deal or the associated contacted.

Please help

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @MHuman 

Thank you for reaching out. 

- Can you confirm you click 'Save' at the bottom of the screen once you've added the notes and the call outcome? 

- If yes, could you follow these troubleshooting steps

If this is still happening:

- when you go back to the deal, do you see the call on the mobile app and not on desktop, or is the call not here on both

- Is this happening to your colleagues as well or on your end? 

- Is this happening with all the calls you're making from the HubSpot App? 

Thank you

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

MLink

SOLVE

Hi Jenny, 

I am making calls off my phone but the call outcomes are not logging in HubSpot reports. It was working last month but now something has changed. 

Thanks, 

Mike 

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @MLink , could you please ensure your reports are not filtering out the calls from the phone? If you initiate a call from the app, when you hang up, you should see the option to log call information. Was this option available on your end?

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

0 Upvotes
MLink

SOLVE

How do I see if the report is filtering out calls from the phone? The option to log the call does appear when I hang up. 

Thanks,

Mike 

0 Upvotes