Mobile Application

AmitM12

Linking phone contacts to CRM contacts

SOLVE

Hi there!

I have been thoroughly enjoying the Hubspot CRM but have recently run into a minor problem.

I am an Apple Iphone user and would like any inbound phone calls I receive to be linked to my CRM. Here is an example:

I received a phone call from somebody that is in my CRM but is not saved as a contact on my mobile - when I answered I was unable to identify who I was speaking with. I would like the CRM to link to my Iphone contacts so I will know who is calling me if they are in my CRM and not in my Iphone contacts. 

Hope this makes sense! 

Thank you in advance, 

Amit.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
TiphaineCuisset
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @AmitM12 

Thank you for reaching out. 

You can enable Called ID on iOS by following these steps. However, it will only work for contacts that are in your CRM and not in your iPhone 

Hope that helps.
Have a lovely day,
Tiphaine. 

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
CPIGREE

SOLVE

Hello Tiphaine,

I tried to put "company name" in the contact directly and restart my phone and it worked, thank you !!

But it's a shame that it does not find the associated company instead, it would be less tedious

CPIGREE_1-1624017921207.png

Thank you very much for your help

Best regards,

CPIGREE

SOLVE

Hello,

For me these steps worked, but when somenone is calling, I can only see the name of the contact (from the app hubspot) but not the company name, is there something I did not do right ?

On the Help https://knowledge.hubspot.com/fr/mobile/enable-caller-id-in-the-hubspot-mobile-app, it says the company name should appears (as in the photo)

CPIGREE_0-1623942504660.png

Thank you very much

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @CPIGREE 

I think the article means the contact property 'Company Name' and not pulling from the associated company name property - the issue may be here. Can you confirm the "Company Name" contact property is filled out for your contacts? 

Thank you

Best

Tiphaine

Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

0 Upvotes
Plats
Contributor

SOLVE

AmitM12, 

Sorry to hear about your challenge with inbound calls on iPhone. 

You're welcome to explore Cradle HubSpot Integration below: 

https://app.hubspot.com/ecosystem/3924364/marketplace/apps/sales/calling/cradle

Cradle has a contact sync to sync all your HubSpot contacts plus an enriched caller id feature which should assist with finding out who's calling 🙂

Thanks, 

Plats 

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @AmitM12 

You can enable Called ID on iOS by following these steps. However, it will only work for contacts that are in your CRM and not in your iPhone 

Hope that helps.
Have a lovely day,
Tiphaine. 

AmitM12

SOLVE
Hi there!

Thank you for that - it was very helpful.

This has sort of lead me to another issue. I currently have two fields for phone numbers - the default phone number option and a property I created for Mobile Phone numbers.

My understanding is that I can’t have any spaces in the phone numbers that I enter into Hubspot, however every number I have added has some sort of spacing in it.

How come Hubspot can’t recognise the spaces in the numbers? Or just ignore the spacing all together?

Kind regards,

Amit.
0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @AmitM12 

Thank you for your reply. 

Indeed this is not possible at this stage within HubSpot, I'd recommend upvoting this Idea in our Ideas Forum regarding this. It is currently being reviewed by the Product Team. You can also subscribe to the idea (Options > Subscribe) to get notified if the status changes. 

Thank you
Have a lovely day,
Tiphaine.

0 Upvotes
AmitM12

SOLVE
Hi Tiphaine,

Thank you for the fast reply again!

I’m just trying to think over a work around method for this - maybe I can export all of my contacts into excel and then fix up the cells so that there are no spaces between the phone numbers (otherwise I would need to do it one-by-one on Hubspot).

How does this work with properties that I have created for certain contacts? When I import the contacts back in, do they import back in with the original properties that I had assigned to them?

Kind regards,

Amit.
0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @AmitM12 

Thank you for your reply

I think you have the best way to go for this. 

In your excel, have three columns: 

- the email address of the contact

- the default phone number property

- the custom property you created

Make sure the properties are correctly mapped during the import process

Then, when you import, it will update contacts based on their email addresses so: 

- if there is already a contact in your database with this email address, it won't create another contact

- and the old properties will be erased by the new properties

However, if a cell is blank in the excel, the old property will remain in HubSpot. 

Hope that helps.
Have a lovely day,
Tiphaine.

0 Upvotes