Mobile Application

Thurstonpope

I don't want my sales people to be able to assign their created contacts to themselves...

SOLVE

I've posted once before but never got an answer to this really frustrating problem. Whenever someone creates a contact on thier phones, they have a list of things they can do including assigning the contact. This is the one thing i DONT want them to be able to do. How can I change it to automatically assign the contact as "unassigned" after they've created the contact or have the only option as "unassigned"?? 

1 Accepted solution
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

I don't want my sales people to be able to assign their created contacts to themselves...

SOLVE

Hi @Thurstonpope,

Currently there is no way for the default of the contact's owner to be unassigned. Users would need to manually change the owner to "no owner." 

A workaround could be to create a user to associate all contacts with, who can then be distributed out to owners. While this would require users to set the contact to a specific owner, it would highlight anyone who did not follow this practice, as they would be the only ones not assigned to that specific owner. 

Thank you,
Jenny

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Thurstonpope,

Currently there is no way for the default of the contact's owner to be unassigned. Users would need to manually change the owner to "no owner." 

A workaround could be to create a user to associate all contacts with, who can then be distributed out to owners. While this would require users to set the contact to a specific owner, it would highlight anyone who did not follow this practice, as they would be the only ones not assigned to that specific owner. 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
elliott_zi

SOLVE

Hi Jenny,

Is this the case for all contacts created or just via the mobile app?  Thank you!

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @elliott_zi,

You can manually change the contact owner to 'no owner' during the contact creation process within your portal. Otherwise, it will default to the user who creates the contact.

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
elliott_zi

SOLVE

Thank you, Jenny!  Was this a change made recently? 

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @elliott_zi,

I don't believe the change was made recently. From my experience, the owner has always defaulted to the user creating the contact. 

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
Thurstonpope

SOLVE

I think I see what you mean. So create a user called "unassigned" and anyone who didn't choose that option wouldn't be able to hide it. I think that's what I'll do. I appreaciate that 🙂 

0 Upvotes