Nov 30, 2016 1:44 PM
I have been to HubSpot conference and I think this is a great company! My company started using hubspot CRM two weeks ago and I have a lot of issues, hope someone can help me here;
1) it always says Sales or marketing on the top left, not trying to be ignorant, why it does not say this is a CRM?
2) my company is small and there are only 1-2 people use CRM, we just want to track contacts, track emails, # of contacts, # of emails, very basic stuff. Is it a good fit?
3) Can HubSpot track emails in the outlook in iPad? If not, is there a way to make it work?
Thanks for your help!
Dec 1, 2016 11:17 AM
Hi @spinnaker thanks for your questions and I'm glad that you've been enjoying the tool! To answer you:
1. HubSpot refers to its two "suites" of products as the Marketing and the Sales products. These are larger umbrellas, under which fall a series of tools. Under the Sales product for instance, we have the HubSpot Sales extension (for email tracking), the CRM, and the Sales Tools (for Sales Pro users - includes Documents, Templates, Sequences, Calling, etc.)
2. You're a great fit for this tool. It has many different functionalities, which you'll surely discover as your use of it grows, but the CRM/Sales extension can definitely accomplish the goals that you have for the moment!
3. As of now, our new mobile app does not yet offer an email tracking functionality, so it wouldn't be possible for you to send tracked emails from your iPad. However, adding email tracking to the app is definitely on the roadmap, so stay tuned!
All the best,
Feb 9, 2017 10:53 AM
@spinnaker hypothetically you should be able to log your emails by adding the BCC address to outgoing emails on your iPad. However, this is not the intended use for the tool, so we would not be able to support this if for some reason it does not work as expected. -May