How to make/receive calls from Google Voice number?

Occasional Contributor

I set my account's phone number as my Google Voice number, and verified that number. But when I make a call through the app, the call comes from my cell phone number. How can I make calls originate from my Google Voice number?

iOS
0 Upvotes
15 Replies 15
Community Manager

Hi @ZGO,

Can you confirm that you have Google voice selected within the settings of the app? Can you share a screenshot of what you see (more>settings>call client)? 

Thank you,
Jenny

We are excited to announce that the Community will be launching a weekly newsletter on November 2, 2020!
0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

I'm unsure if I've selected the correct settings in the app. I don't see "call client" as an option in the settings. Screenshot below.

IMG_4916.jpg

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

HI @ZGO,

Can you confirm that you are operating on the most up to date version of the app? 

Thank you,
Jenny

We are excited to announce that the Community will be launching a weekly newsletter on November 2, 2020!
0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

I'm on version 3.1.284 of the app, for iOS. Is there more recent version?

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @ZGO,

Thanks for the information! I believe that is the most up to date version. I am connecting with the team regarding next steps around both calling from Google Voice from the app, as well as why you aren't seeing the calling client option in the settings. 

As soon as I have an update, I will share it with you.

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @ZGO,

I have heard back from the team, and they are requesting a screenshot of the calling settings within your portal to confirm that the number is connected through there. 

Once the number is connected, you should be able to see the calling client in the app. 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Are these the settings they want to see?

Capture-1.png

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Thank you @ZGO

One other question: what type of iPhone are you working on? 

Thank you for your continued help and cooperation! 

Best,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

iPhone 7 Plus

An old one haha

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @ZGO,

Thank you for your patience while I have investigated this matter internally. 

The team has informed me that currently the calling feature within the app is limited to customers on a sales starter or higher sales subscription. 

I understand that this is not well documented currently in our resources, and I am working to ensure the resources are updated to reflect this. 

Please let me know if you have any questions. I apologize for the delay in getting you this answer, and appreciate your cooperation. 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

I do not have a subscription and only use the HubSpot Free. I am able to use the call button on mobile or desktop.

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

@ZGO I'm a HubSpot CRM free user. If i pull up a contact and click the call button inside HubSpot's mobile app i get choices. I can make the call using my T-mobile number, my Skype number, my Toky number, Ring Central, Hangouts Dialer (any one of 3 Google Voice numbers) or TextNow.

0.jpg

The problem you are having is common to those who pay more and get less with iPhone. Wen I used my friend's iPhone and put the Google Voice app on it I noticed he didn't get the choice of dialers that I got. I'm a #SamsungKnight and know that on Android we just #DoWhatYouCant. 

Until HubSpot gives us google voice integration or Apple finally lets it's customers have a little choice you are stuck. 

Occasional Contributor

congratulations

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

How were you able to get it to offer you all of those options? 

0 Upvotes