How to Mirror Notification on Iphone App

Highlighted

There is no section in the app under settings marked as "Advanced push notifications" Therefore I cannot mirror notifications to my phone as well as on my computer. I have the latest version of the Hubspot app from the apple app store on my iphone. I have also deleted my hubspot and created a new one, still not receiving notifications on my iphone. Please help

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
Highlighted
HubSpot Employee

Hello @JAR,

Welcome to the Hubspot Community.

Mobile push notifications will only be sent if the Chrome extension is not open at the time that the time that the notification is generated.  Chrome has quite a few states in-between "on" and completely "deactivated".  Mobile push notifications will be sent if it's in the deactivated mode (either the Chrome extension is disabled/removed, or the Chrome User profile is completely closed), but if it's in any of the in-between states, push notifications will not be sent, and you will instead see the notification in Chrome the next time you open the browser.

Our product team is aware that this notification functionality can cause some difficutly and they are hoping to re-assess how notifications operate.  I don't have any insight into when something like this might be changed, but I know that it is a significant change that will take time to complete.  

If any changes are made to the way notifications are generated I'll update here.

Brett

0 Upvotes