Finding prospects using hubspot CRM

Highlighted

I recently joined a company that uses Hubspot for our CRM.  I recall having read in the past that there is functionality built into hubspot that provides leads lists or prospect lists of people within your target market - I gathered that it was akin to infoUSA and similar services.

I can't find this anywhere.  Did I understand this incorrectly, or am I just not looking in the right place?

Thanks for any help...

Bill

10 Replies 10
Highlighted
HubSpot Product Team

Hey @billreidpiper welcome to the community and thanks for contributing! I think what you're looking for is the Prospects Tool which sits under 'Sales Tools' in your CRM. From here you can add filters  based on location, social information, web activity on your domain etc. Let me know if this wasn't what you were after - happy to help where I can! 

Screen Shot 2016-11-01 at 3.58.04 PM.png

Highlighted
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

Hi @roisinkirby,

I have to confess I'm a bit confused about this also. I used to be able to search for potential prospects by filters eg in a specific location and within specific industries, company sizes etc even if they hadn't visited my site. Now it only seems to be able to filter on companies that have visited my site. 

Has as the previous functionality been dropped? Or am I not looking in the right place?

thanks heaps for all you do 🙂

Sam

Samantha Alford
Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
0 Upvotes
Highlighted
HubSpot Product Team

Ah I see! As part of HubSpot's updates to the Prospects Tool earlier this year the Company Insights feature (the ability to view and filter through the entire database of companies) has not been carried over to the newly redesigned version of Prospects in its current form. In the near future, this data will be resurfaced in new and interesting ways. 

You can stay tuned to updats on our Product Updates blog here: http://www.hubspot.com/product-updates/topic/sales-all-updates
I would also encourage both of you to post feedbck on the Ideas Forum here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/idb-p/HubSpot_Ideas

Hope this helps!

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Top Contributor

Hello @roisinkirby

We are wondering if the data (our contacts, companies etc.) we add in HubSpot CRM, are then visible to all the other users of HubSpot CRM or how exactly does it work? For a reference here is also a link of what we mean https://youtu.be/ju-uqRbSodA?t=233.

We also tried to add our phone number and it doesn't let us. In this case our phone number is a mobile one and it's from Slovenia (Europe). Are we doing something wrong? Could you please also elaborate how does the calling from the browser work and how the calling rates are charged?

Thanks for the help! We appreciate it.
0 Upvotes
Highlighted
HubSpot Product Team

Hey @ab - thanks for your question.

HubSpot maintains an vast database of company information, which is gathered from various sources on the web using a web scraper. If you add a company to HubSpot CRM that has a company domain name, HubSpot will search its unique database for additional information about that company and add the data to the company record in seconds. 

This information is not viewable to other HubSpot users unless they to have added a contact and/or company with the same domain to their own database in line with HubSpot's terms of use for contact imports. Further information on HubSpot's company insights can be found here

In answer to your second question, could you please start a new topic under the HubSpot Sales Support board so we can keep all threads relevant to original posts and our search engine? Feel free to tag me in that post! Very much appreciated 🙂

Highlighted
Top Contributor

Hello @roisinkirby

Thank you very much for the help. So just to make it sure, the contacts, companies, deals and all the other data we add into our HubSpot CRM is not visible to other HubSpot users or anywhere else on the HubSpot or the web?

We created a new topic like you've asked. You can reach it on this link - https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Sales-Product-Support/Issue-with-adding-a-phone-number-in-HubSpot-C...

Could you please help us with adding the number or redirect this message / topic to the person who can?

Thank you.

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @ab that is correct, this data is private to you and all registered users on your HubSpot account. 

Highlighted
Top Contributor

Hello @roisinkirby

Thank you very much for the help.

Have a nice day.

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I'd like to bump this discussion. I too was searching for this feature. I recently started using the paid sales tool and wanted to be able to add some new prospects and found this feature is now missing 😞

This post is from November 2016, but I think it was removed with the CRM update which happened perhaps over a year ago now?

Do we have insight to when this feature will be added back in, as you stated earlier in the discussion?

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
Highlighted

I have the same question that was posted back in November. Is this feature available yet?

Company Insights feature (the ability to view and filter through the entire database of companies)

0 Upvotes