Create new contact and track calls via Android/iOS [Solved for Android]

kasparp

Hey, one of the main functionalities we need and thought that HubSpot has is to the mobile app to track and save calls and new contacts.

If there's a phone call to a phone number not saved in contacts (using normal Android's default calling app) then should it ask me to create a contact after the call? And also save the call data (call time, duration and optionally the recording of the call)?

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hi @kasparp,

The HubSpot App is not integrated with the phone functionality on your phone. While you can make calls to contacts through the app (which will then log to the timeline), you won't be prompted to create a new contact after every call made through your phone. 

For a full guide to the app, I wanted to share this resource with you.

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
kasparp

Solved the issue:) I found a perfect solution for Android and not so perfect for iOS. For Android I found an app called OpenCalls that saves all the needed calls data to Google Spreadsheet so wrote a PHP script that takes the calls data from G-Spreadsheet and saves it in MySQL if it's not there already. Then it sends call info via HubSpot API to HubSpot. If it's a new a contact (doesn't exist yet - new number) then it takes first name, last name, company name, and comment all from the comment field and creates a new contact in MySQL, HubSpot and Google Contacts. Also, the script gets from HubSpot all the new contacts to MySQL in every 1 minute so MySQL contains all the contact and companies and calls and has the nice and quick CRUD, too. It's good to have all in own MySQL, too because we use contacts/companies data also for our invoicing and project management software.

For iOS if someone knows any solution that saves calls data wherever we could access it would be superb, too. Mostly we have Android users in our company but also one iOS user so right now at least when he creates new contact then it creates a new contact to Google Contacts, too so we get it from there and save to MySQL and HubSpot: https://ifttt.com/applets/dycqQ5A6-sync-all-your-new-ios-contacts-to-a-google-spreadsheet But would love to have also other calls data from iOS. 

Email or chat with me if you want source code, similar solution for yourself, more details, etc: here: http://projects.crewnew.com/crm

0 Upvotes