Mobile Application

afigueroa

Company/Contacts properties on record creation

SOLVE

Hello,

I recently changed my "Set the properties your team sees on company records." setting on the website to only a few (3) and when I go to the mobile app (Android) and try create a company it still has the default properties it does not have the properties i choose on the  "Set the properties your team sees on company records." setting.

I think the same happened for contacts aswell.

Is there a way to "Set the properties your team sees on company records." for the mobile app (Android) ?

1 Accepted solution
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

That's correct @afigueroa. The website interface and mobile apps are totally different applications.

Web functionality <> Mobile functionality

While this article doesn't explicitly say so, you cannot customize what your team sees when creating contact or company records using the mobile app at this time (iOS and Android).  

- see What are the features of the HubSpot mobile application?

Hope that answers your question.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Q: Is there a way to "Set the properties your team sees on company records."?

Short A: Yes, with limitations.

Longer A:

When using "Set the properties your team sees on company records", the specificied default properties will not replace any existing properties that users have specified in their own views.

(see image)

hubspot-settings-properties-that-appear-for-all-users-about-note.png

In order to change the properties YOU see on contacts, companies, and deals you'll need to change YOUR own settings.

- see How do I set default properties that appear in the 'About' section of contact, company, and deal rec...

Also, see How do I set the properties that appear for all users when adding contact, company, and deal records...

(see image)

hubspot-settings-properties-that-appear-for-all-users-note.png

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
afigueroa

SOLVE

Hello Frank,

Thank you for the response.

This works well for the website. If I login into my mobile app (same account, same user) and try to create a company/contact, the properties i selected in the "Set the properties your team sees when creating companies." settings for the web are not the same that appear on company creation on the mobile app.

For example, when I try to create a company on the web:

Domain

Name

Phone

City

When I try to create on the mobile app (same account/same user):

Name

Domain

Industry

State

Region

Postal Code

Number of employees

Annual Revenue

Facebook Fans

Twitter Handle

Twitter followers

Time Zone

Description

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

That's correct @afigueroa. The website interface and mobile apps are totally different applications.

Web functionality <> Mobile functionality

While this article doesn't explicitly say so, you cannot customize what your team sees when creating contact or company records using the mobile app at this time (iOS and Android).  

- see What are the features of the HubSpot mobile application?

Hope that answers your question.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
johnsavepoint
Participant

SOLVE

For a constantly evolving platform in 2020 we still have this issue. Pretty **bleep**.

0 Upvotes
afigueroa

SOLVE

Ok, thank you for the clarification. Hopefully this get implemented in the future.

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

"Hopefully"?

Sorry @afigueroa, forgot to mention ...

You may wish to add your suggestion to a new or existing thread in HubSpot Ideas.

You'll typically get much more traction from the HubSpot Community AND the Ideas Forum is where HubSpot Product Teams monitor suggestions for popularity -- i.e., VOTES! 🙂

If/once you do, report back here and I'll give it my vote to help get you started.

Best,

Frank

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes