Can you call a contact from within a Task?

ashb

Hi - I'm using the Hubspot iOS app. When i have daily tasks to complete (i.e. call or email a client) it makes sense to open the task and then initiate a call or email direct from that window, but there doesn't seem to be a way to do this? Instead i then have to go back out, search for that contact and then hit the phone/email icon.

Seems like i should be able to do it from Tasks. Am i missing something?

3 Replies 3
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hi @ashb,

Currently you cannot call a contact from within a task. If this is something you would like to see implemented in the future I would recommend creating an idea in our ideas forum.

Thank you,
Jenny

JamesWa
Contributor

This is very unproductive to be unable to call the contact from your task. It's a MOBILE APP meaning I'm mobile so need optimum functionality as a sales rep.

Ex: I schedule task to follow up with someone. I'm on the road and when I click on the 'call'  or 'email' buttons, nothing happens. If I click on the contact from with the task, it takes me to contact search instead of the actual contact, which, if it did,  I could now click on phone, email or texting functionality. 

Pointless!

JamesWa
Contributor

This is very unproductive to be unable to call the contact from your task. It's a MOBILE APP meaning I'm mobile so need optimum functionality as a sales rep.

Ex: I schedule task to follow up with someone. I'm on the road and when I click on the 'call'  or 'email' buttons, nothing happens. If I click on the contact from with the task, it takes me to contact search instead of the actual contact, which, if it did,  I could now click on phone, email or texting functionality. 

Pointless!

0 Upvotes