Can't edit calls logged using Android App

miko

Hiya! 

One of our team members is using the Android App to make and log calls. However, the call outcome is always "no outcome" and when they try to edit it via the web version of the CRM, it says they do not have access to edit the activity. 

This team member has "owned only" set in their settings for viewing contacts. The only way we were able to deal with this issue was to open their visibility to all contacts, which ended up causing some internal issues based on our processes. 

Oh, and yes, this issue applies to contacts that this team member is an owner of.

What can I do to get around this issue?

Thank you so much!

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
edjusten
HubSpot Employee

Hi @miko  Let's start by ensuring that the user's Android app is connected to the correct account, and that he is signed in to the correct portal on the web. Also, please ensure he is using the most recent version of the Android app and that the app has been refreshed recently on the phone. 

If these are all correct, please forward the email address of the user (and the specific portal if he is a user in multiple portals), and the name of a contact he is trying to manipulate (please send via PM if necessary). I will do my best to troubleshoot further.

Thank you,

Ed Justen  

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Simdee

Hi @edjusten, I am the team member in question so I can answer your queries directly. I use a Galaxy S8 phone with Android 7.0 and Samsung Experience Version 8.1. I have version 1.4.156 of the Hubspot (CRM & Sales) app.

>Let's start by ensuring that the user's Android app is connected to the correct account...

I believe there is no possibility that it is not. When I view the contacts on the app, they are exactly as I see them on the web app. When I make changes to notes, activities or tasks etc. on the phone, they update correctly in the web app on the correct contact. Likewise, the reverse is true. I doubt those changes would syncronise correctly if I were logged into an incorrect account on the phone. Also I am certain the app is refreshed on the phone frequently because it stays in sync with the web app.

Other evidence that I am logged into the correct accounts is that the calls that I make through the phone app are logged correctly to the correct contact and synchronise almost immediately in the web app.

The problem is that once the call is finished, the Android app doesn't give me any opportunity to edit the call activity log on the phone. When I go to the log on the web app it is there as "Call outcome: None". 

The "Edit" link is greyed out and if I hover over it I get the following: "Sorry. You don't have permission to edit this timeline item because you don't own it. Please talk to your manager or account administrator about changing your permissions."

Likewise, the "Actions" dropdown shows the single greyed out option "Delete" and hovering over it yeilds the same message.

> ...and the name of a contact he is trying to manipulate...

There are vast numbers of contacts in every portal I use because every call I make is the same and has been since I strted using the app weeks ago. This is not a new or isolated incident.

What Miko did not mention is that it appears that the owner of the web app timeline log record is "unassigned", it is not owned by me. Since the permissions on my account are "owned only", I have no access to the record. 

I will PM you my email address and the account info.

Cheers!

0 Upvotes
edjusten
HubSpot Employee

Hi @Simdee and @miko I checked with our mobile team, and as it turns out, calling on Mobile will auto log as “No Response” if the contact does not pick up. If they DO pick up, it will log as a call with “No Outcome”. Its currently not possible to set a Call Outcome via the App, so they will need to set the outcome via the Web version.

Once online through the web though, you should be able edit the Call Outcome if you are the owner of the contact and your permissions are set to "owned only."

Does this help? Please let me know.

Thank you,

Ed Justen 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Simdee

Hi @edjusten, Thanks for your efforts so far...

What you've posted does help insofar as it confirms something is wrong.

I have never seen a log of “No Response” or “No Outcome”... All I ever see is "Call outcome: None" (That is an exact copy/paste from the web app log)

Also, I definitely can't edit the Call Outcome even though I am definitely the owner of the contact and my permissions are set to "owned only" as I mentioned in my previous post.

Cheers!

0 Upvotes
Simdee

So, just wondering if anyone is even still looking into this problem or is it simply too hard and not worth it?

0 Upvotes
edjusten
HubSpot Employee

HI @Simdee  Can you forward a link to (or the name of) the contact (or contacts) in question in a PM? I'll be happy to take a look. The App has been updated since the OP. an you verify which versionof the app you are using?  Feel free to include the version number with the PM. 

Thank you,

Ed Justen

0 Upvotes