Mobile Application

BStrong
Membro

Caller ID not working on iPhone

I have followed all the instructions to set up caller id for HubSpot contact on both my iPhone (13) and on the HS app, and it's still not working. I've checked that the formatting of the phone number has all non-numeric characters removed. 

Is this an issue with iPhone or an issue with HubSpot?

0 Avaliação positiva
6 Respostas 6
Colorado42
Participante

Yes! We have this problem all the time. Sometimes the feature works and then it stops and getting it working again is near impossible. We have tried resetting settings on iPhone, deleting the app, turning off the feature, rebooting the phone, reinstalling... and then after a zillion tries, sometimes it starts working again. All of our numbers are correct with the proper international code as well. There's no reason for this that we can see.

0 Avaliação positiva
kvlschaefer
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

Hi @Colorado42,

I apologize for any data or business impact this may have caused.

I would recommend trying the following steps: 

• Make sure the CallerI d feature is enabled.
  • Navigate to the Contact tab in the mobile app
  • Pull down on the list to refresh the contacts
  • Minimize/Close the app
  • Open the app again - this step should load their contacts into the cache and make them available to the caller id feature.
  • Make sure Your contacts' phone number values include the + country code and the area code, if applicable (e.g., +353871234567), and don't include any spaces or parentheses.

If this behavior continues after trying those steps, I would recommend connecting with HubSpot Technical Support, as Support is included in your subscription. Support will be able to provide real-time assistance for this matter, where you are able to share screenshots or screen recordings, and further information about this.

Thank you,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
Colorado42
Participante

Hi Kristen,

The part above about going to the contacts area and refreshing fixed everything for us! We don't use the contacts section hardly ever and so when I clicked on it, it loaded the contacts with a progress bar moving across the screen. Once that concluded, I quit and reloaded the app and everything was working perfectly!

Thanks very much becuase I hadn't seen this solution in my search for an answer. 

Regards, 

Paul

kvlschaefer
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

Hi @Colorado42,

You're very welcome! 

I'm glad to hear that this solution worked 🙂

Thank you for sharing how you reached it in-app!

Have a great day,

Kristen

Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Avaliação positiva
MiaSrebrnjak
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

Hi @BStrong,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! 

If you've enabled the Caller ID following the steps in this Knowledge base article and you've also made sure that your contacts' phone number values include the + country code, the next troubleshooting step I'd recommend is to uninstall the app, restart the device, and reinstall the app.  

Please also note that if the caller's information is saved in your phone's contact list, the information from your phone's contact list will be shown instead of the HubSpot caller ID. 

I hope this helps!

Cheers
Mia, Community Team

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

BStrong
Membro

Thanks for this. I have followed all the steps for setup, and at this point Caller ID seems to work sometimes, but not all the time, and with no predictable pattern. Does anyone else out there have this issue?