Mobile Application

joshrss17

Android mobile app for CRM not tracking emails - gmail is linked and it works on desktop

SOLVE

Hello,

I am using the free hubspot crm. The email tracking works great on the desktop/laptop, and it did work fine for the android app when I first installed it. However, after a few weeks, the app stopped tracking emails. My gmail address is logged in/linked in the app, but it is not tracking the emails sent from my gmail app. It will only track them when sent from a PC. 

Please help!

1 Accepted solution
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Android mobile app for CRM not tracking emails - gmail is linked and it works on desktop

SOLVE

Hey @joshrss17 

Have you checked out this article which discusses this: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/email-notifications/how-iphone-push-notifications...

You can receive notifications in the HubSpot mobile app for sales activity, mentions, and tasks.

HubSpot Sales tries its best to send notifications to where you currently are. If you've turned on notifications in the mobile app, you will receive push notifications on your phone by default unless you're at your computer. If you're at your computer and can receive real-time notifications, they will appear in the top corner of your desktop and you will not receive a push notification on your phone. 

You can turn off notifications for sales activity, mentions, and tasks in the HubSpot mobile app Settings under Notifications. 

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
ThreadsHelp2018
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hello! We have had helped a few HubSpot users with this problem recently so thought I would share in case it is helpful for others. If you have the Threads integration with HubSpot it will automatically pick up any emails sent or received from your gmail app and automatically sync those with your Hubspot account. 😀

0 Upvotes
Homeuser

SOLVE
I'm having the same issue and I've checked and all notifications are ON!
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

SOLVE

Hey @joshrss17 

Have you checked out this article which discusses this: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/email-notifications/how-iphone-push-notifications...

You can receive notifications in the HubSpot mobile app for sales activity, mentions, and tasks.

HubSpot Sales tries its best to send notifications to where you currently are. If you've turned on notifications in the mobile app, you will receive push notifications on your phone by default unless you're at your computer. If you're at your computer and can receive real-time notifications, they will appear in the top corner of your desktop and you will not receive a push notification on your phone. 

You can turn off notifications for sales activity, mentions, and tasks in the HubSpot mobile app Settings under Notifications. 

Hope that helps!

0 Upvotes
NBWMN
Participant

SOLVE

FYI - I don't think they were referencing that email tracking notifications weren't working but I may be wrong. My first thought was that they were confused and were referring to email being tracked from their Android device like it can be from desktop.

Specifically, the problem/missing feature around tracking not being possible from mobile or mobile email unless users send a tracked email/reply from the desktop first then engage that email chain via mobile. Hubspot / Hubspot Sales Mobile app or integration doesn't place the tracking pixel only logs but can continue a conversation that has had the tracking pixel placed from a desktop client/browser Hubspot integration.)

See the link below for reference and support as unfortunately it's still not received the vast support it needs due to confusion and a lack of consolidation of the many discussions and requests regarding this and the overall visibility of this request: 

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Log-emails-on-mobile-platforms-android-ios/idc-p/2735...

netcrackerz

SOLVE
The issue is that emails sent via mobile app are not being tracked, even to email addresses which are tracked when sent from PC/laptop and for which notifications are being received on both PC as well as the mobile device. In my case I noticed this on my Android device (not tried on iPhone).

So the issue is not with notifications but instead with tracking for emails sent via Android device Gmail account which presumably is not getting linked with the Hubspot mobile app for email tracking (opens). Hubspot version: 2.25.0