Android app problems

first time posting, sorry if this is the wrong location, im trying to get the app to work on my android S8 but it won't even log it, it kicks me back to the login page when I hit login. any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!

10 Replies 10
New Contributor

I've the same problem

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

same issue here

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @pedroelicia @mcdivan96 and @dheerajbhaskar

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I am actively investigating this with the support team and once I have more information I will share the updates with this thread. 

Thank you,

Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
New Contributor

There is something interesting going on: when I try to access app.hubspot.com os community.hubspot.com from my phone I get a connection refused message.

From my wife's phne on the same network it opens without an issue.

MAYBE it have a problem with rooted phones?

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Oh, my phone is rooted. *that* could be it. How do I test it. I don't think I've an unrooted phone

Can someone from hubspot confirm if this is the case or not?

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi all, 

I am currently investigating this with the team. I haven't received updates in regards to if the phones being rooted could cause the issue, but once I have more information I will update this thread. 

Thanks for your patience! 

Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
New Contributor

I've fixed the issue on my phone:

An old ad blocking app I used had left *.hubspot.com blocked, so just by whitelisting it solved my issue Smiley Happy

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @pedroelicia@mcdivan96, and @dheerajbhaskar

I just wanted to let you all know that there have been changes pushed to the mobile app which should resolve any login issue. If you are still experiencing any issues, please let me know. 

Thank you, 

Jenny

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

I just wanted to jump here with some feedback. I have two Samsung Note 4 phones. I cannot login with the rooted Note (which is the one I use), but can login on the unrooted phone. Both phones on Verizon.

It seems like the problem might be root.

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Estimados. Hoy he encontrado el problema gracias a los siguientes posts. https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Mobile-Application/Android-app-problems/td-p/29135 https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Mobile-Application/i-cant-log-into-the-mobile-app-or-a-mobile-brows... El problema es que mi teléfono estaba rooteado e incorporaba un bloqueador de ads que modificaba el archivo /etc/hosts y resolvía la dirección app.hubspot.com a 127.0.0.1 y eso no permitía acceder desde la app móvil, ni tampoco desde el navegador del móvil. El programa responsable era Ad Away y yo utilizabo la Rom Superman en un Galaxy S7. 

Eliminé las entradas que hacían referencia al dominio hubspot.com y quedó funcionando ok.

0 Upvotes