Lead Capture Tools

anonymous2561

Rotate Leads & Email Notification

SOLVE

Hi all,

In a workflow, when you add in "rotate leads" does that also automatically email notify the respective sales member that it was rotated to once a contact has fulfilled a certain action?

For instance,

If contact has filled out form

Rotate leads

Then what? Thanks..

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
relabidin
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @anonymous2561,

Rotating Leads in your workflow does not automatically send notifications to the respective HubSpot Owner when the form is submitted. The Rotate Leads function simply assigns that contact one of the two (or more) HubSpot Owners who are being rotated.

If you want to send a notification to the specific HubSpot Owner who is assigned the Lead, you should add another step to your workflow directly after the Lead Rotator that sends an Internal Email to the HubSpot Owner. This guide goes over how to send an internal email via workflow: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/forms/how-do-i-send-internal-notification-emails

You can use the option Use a contact property that stores an email address to select HubSpot Owner, which will send the notification email to the respective HubSpot Owner once they are given the Lead.

Rami 

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
EShoemake
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @anonymous2561,

This is the solution that worked for me. For context, I have two sales directors I need to evenly rotate leads through. 

Here is the workflow I have set up for our form— there are three sales options and I want any of them to rotate between my sales team, and I also want them to get an email notification with the lead info. 

Screen Shot 2022-12-08 at 11.16.47 AM.png

My solution for this was to send the internal marketing email to both sales team members but add the token Lead Assigned to: Contact Owner to the email. 

Internal marketing email notification.Internal marketing email notification.

Although the email sends to both sales directors, they can see if their name is assigned and then follow-up. If they are not assigned, they can simply delete the email. There is a bit of redundancy, as both sales team members get notified of every lead that comes in regardless if they're assigned, but it is the best work-around I've found so far, and my sales team doesn't have any issue with it. 

Hope this helps!

0 Upvotes
relabidin
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @anonymous2561,

Rotating Leads in your workflow does not automatically send notifications to the respective HubSpot Owner when the form is submitted. The Rotate Leads function simply assigns that contact one of the two (or more) HubSpot Owners who are being rotated.

If you want to send a notification to the specific HubSpot Owner who is assigned the Lead, you should add another step to your workflow directly after the Lead Rotator that sends an Internal Email to the HubSpot Owner. This guide goes over how to send an internal email via workflow: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/forms/how-do-i-send-internal-notification-emails

You can use the option Use a contact property that stores an email address to select HubSpot Owner, which will send the notification email to the respective HubSpot Owner once they are given the Lead.

Rami 

0 Upvotes
Hannah1
Contributor

SOLVE

Is there a way to automate an email to a lead specifically from their assigned sales rep?

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Hannah1,

You can use the contact owner personalization token when sending marketing emails, as outlined here.

If you are looking to set up sequences for other users, or send sales emails, then the email would have to be sent from the user who is associated with that inbox.

0 Upvotes