Lead Capture Tools

Kinamatics

Missing some leads in collected forms

SOLVE

We are using the hubspot tracking code to track the leads from our 2 forms contact & download. Though everything is working great but we found some leads which are in our system but not available in hubspot collected forms. 

Is there something which is creating the issue which we should take care of?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
MayPascaud
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

@Kinamatics thank you very much for that example. I was able to look into the form in question, and I have some more information on why the Collected Forms tool is not gathering these submissions. 

As this article outlines, the Colected Forms tool has a number of limitations for the types fo forms that it is able to collect submissions from (this is part of the reason why the tool is still in beta). Two of these limitations are:

• Form not enclosed in <form> tags
  • Form has JavaScript bound to form submit event or submit button click event. This is how the tool captures submissions and any other events can prevent HubSpot from knowing when submissions occur

The form on your website actuall does not meet both of these criteria: it is not enclosed in <form> tags, and there is JavaScript bound to its submit event. Therefore, it is actually expected behavior that we would not be able to collect submissions from it (though some may have gotten through, the presence of these two elements means that we would not be cabable of consistently collecting these submissions).

Let me know if you have any questions on the above,

May

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
14 Replies 14
ficticius

SOLVE

It's almost 2021 and the problem with Colected Forms still persists. A tool with such a high cost could not ignore a critical problem that affects lead capture and generates losses for Hubspot customers.

0 Upvotes
MayPascaud
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @Kinamatics, thank you for reaching out.

The Collected Forms tool is still in its Beta form, so though we are doing our best to prevent such issues from occurring, it is definitely not yet error-proof.

However, if you'd like to provide me with links to the collected form in your HubSpot instance, the page from which the form submissions are being scraped, and a screenshot of the contact who submitted a form and was recognized in your internal systems but not in HubSpot, I would be happy to look into this further. You can also send me this information via PM if you'd like.

Thank you,

May

0 Upvotes
JoeDavies
Top Contributor | Elite Partner
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi there,

We're having a similar problem on one of our accounts with the collected forms. Strangely we have a single form working consistently on one page & not on another, we've had both of our dev's look into it and see no differences in the pages that could be causing it, and both are set up to work around the issues you've mentioned already. 

The submissions are being recorded in WordPress for both forms, yet some are slipping through the cracks in terms of HubSpot notifications being sent & contacts getting into HubSpot.

Are there any other typical causes for this we could look into, or alternatively would it be possible for you to look into it in closer detail?

Many thanks,

Joe

Timmy

SOLVE

I have the same problem. Yet only one form and it's sporadically collecting leads (about 10%). Desperately need to get this resolved as this was one of the main reasons I chose to start using Hubspot 😞

Kinamatics

SOLVE

We have these forms:

http://www.kinematicsmfg.com/contact/

http://www.kinematicsmfg.com/download-form/ (download form is used for download selections on this page  and other product pages http://www.kinematicsmfg.com/products/slewing-drives/)

We know the lead was submitted because our auto reply sent the reply and BCC'd us.

Her is info the lead was michael.ledger@lga-intl.com

From: Jennifer Cangelosi [mailto:info@notify.kinematicsmfg.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2017 12:20 PM
To: michael.ledger@lga-intl.com
Subject: Following Up to Your Kinematics SE Drawing Download

Dear mike ledger,

Thank you for your interest in our slewing products. We would like...

Lead was submitted off this page, once selected PDF for Download Specs, lead entered the download form.

2017-02-15_1445.png

0 Upvotes
MayPascaud
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

@Kinamatics thank you very much for that example. I was able to look into the form in question, and I have some more information on why the Collected Forms tool is not gathering these submissions. 

As this article outlines, the Colected Forms tool has a number of limitations for the types fo forms that it is able to collect submissions from (this is part of the reason why the tool is still in beta). Two of these limitations are:

• Form not enclosed in <form> tags
  • Form has JavaScript bound to form submit event or submit button click event. This is how the tool captures submissions and any other events can prevent HubSpot from knowing when submissions occur

The form on your website actuall does not meet both of these criteria: it is not enclosed in <form> tags, and there is JavaScript bound to its submit event. Therefore, it is actually expected behavior that we would not be able to collect submissions from it (though some may have gotten through, the presence of these two elements means that we would not be cabable of consistently collecting these submissions).

Let me know if you have any questions on the above,

May

0 Upvotes
dasonshi

SOLVE

Hi May,

I saw your response to a previous poster and thought you could help me.

We have a form: http://www.thekulacollective.com/contact.html

And it was successfully being collected by HubSpot, but now it is only intermittently collecting submissions.

Form list in Weebly:

Screen Shot 2017-08-28 at 2.50.43 PM.png

Form list in Hubspot:

Screen Shot 2017-08-28 at 2.51.09 PM.png

You can see a gap of no contacts being added between 8/18 and 8/23. It doesn't seem like a problem with the code, because it shouldn't work at all. It seems like it would be a problem on HubSpot's end - can you confirm or help resolve? 

Thank you,

David

louischausse1
Participant

SOLVE

Hi David, I have the same problem since this morning.

Did you find an answer?

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
Kinamatics

SOLVE

Make sure the Collected Forms tool does not have any JavaScript that is bound to its submit event. JavaScript interferes with HubSpot.

0 Upvotes
Kinamatics

SOLVE

Hello,

Thanks fir the reply but we are using the <form> tag for both of our form, as hubspot script which we are using is taking the data from <form> tag only. 

Yes, we are using the javascript submit for validations, Do you this is is creating the issue? But what's the reason that the only some of the leads are missing.

Please suggest what can we do, so we can use the JS validation with flowless hubspot leads.

Thanks.

0 Upvotes
MayPascaud
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

@Kinamatics as I mentioned in my previous response, when there is JavaScript bound to the Submit button of a form, the Collected Forms tool cannot be expected to be fully functional. Though some submissions may have gotten through, the presence of said JS means that we are unable to guarantee the capture of submissions. In addition, the tool is still in Beta, which means that our product team is still working on making it available to all HubSpot users.

0 Upvotes
ASMABAG

SOLVE

Hello, 

Happy new years guys 😛 

We have also the same trouble with the collected forms. :

https://www.maboiteagateau.com/contact/

All submissions are being recorded in WordPress,  but somme of them missing in notifications & contacts into HubSpot.

Thnaks 

0 Upvotes
Kinamatics

SOLVE

Hello,

Thanks again. in this case we have to remove our JS validations & if user filled some invalid data will it be saved in hubspot as well or there is some filtring?

Is there any way we can use JS validations & hubspot as well?

0 Upvotes
MayPascaud
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

@Kinamatics I'm not sure what you mean by "user filled in some invalid data" - however, due to how collected forms works, it is somewhat blind to the configuration of the 3rd party form. This means that if a field is required on the form, say 'Phone', and the visitor tried to submit without providing a value for Phone, the original 3rd party form will reject the submission but collected forms will capture it regardless since it is not aware of validation on the form itself. 

Secondly, as I've mentioned before, the Collected Forms tool will not work as expected when said form holds JavaScript that is bound to its submit event.

0 Upvotes