Email Marketing Tool

pina
Contributor

Blog subscribers that haven't indicated frequency

SOLVE

Hello, 

We're just in the middle of giving those that subscribe to our blog a choice on if they want to receive new blog post notification emails daily, weekly or monthly. 

We already hace some subscribers on our blog subscription list though and they were not given the choice on how frequent they want to receive blog update emails. 

I was just thinking of defaulting them to daily emails. How do I do that in Hubspot?

Thanks!

Pina

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
ThomasReitz
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Hi,

the notification frequency is definded through the the contact property "Name-of-your-Blog Email Subscription".

You can edit this property of your "old" subscribers either manually or you could do this with a workflow.

Manually: Go to the contact record. Click "View all properties" and find "Name-of-your-Blog Email Subscription", save and repeat this with all your "old" subscribers.

Bildschirmfoto 2016-11-27 um 17.09.46.png

Workflow:

1. You should define a starting criteria to segment only these contacts (f.e.  filled out the subscription form AND contact property "Name-of-your-Blog Email Subscription" is unknown.).

Bildschirmfoto 2016-11-27 um 17.20.26.png

Enroll Contacts who already meet these criteria.

2. Add the action "Change Property Value", choose "Name-of-your-blog Email Subscription" and set it to "Daily".

Bildschirmfoto 2016-11-27 um 17.25.02.png

3. Activate the Workflow.

I hope this helps (Sorry for my bad english).

Best regards

Thomas

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
ThomasReitz
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Hi,

the notification frequency is definded through the the contact property "Name-of-your-Blog Email Subscription".

You can edit this property of your "old" subscribers either manually or you could do this with a workflow.

Manually: Go to the contact record. Click "View all properties" and find "Name-of-your-Blog Email Subscription", save and repeat this with all your "old" subscribers.

Bildschirmfoto 2016-11-27 um 17.09.46.png

Workflow:

1. You should define a starting criteria to segment only these contacts (f.e.  filled out the subscription form AND contact property "Name-of-your-Blog Email Subscription" is unknown.).

Bildschirmfoto 2016-11-27 um 17.20.26.png

Enroll Contacts who already meet these criteria.

2. Add the action "Change Property Value", choose "Name-of-your-blog Email Subscription" and set it to "Daily".

Bildschirmfoto 2016-11-27 um 17.25.02.png

3. Activate the Workflow.

I hope this helps (Sorry for my bad english).

Best regards

Thomas

pina
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks! @ThomasReitz

This helped so much.