send an email based on a lead property change

drorzp1
Participant

i would like to create an email template and send email to a lead when a lead property 

changed. in other words to create something like a trigger that is based on a specific lead property that changed. what is the best approach. ?

3 Replies 3
bradmin
Key Advisor

Hi, @drorzp1. You can absolutely accomplish this with HubSpot workflows, if that's available as part of your subscription. You'll need to configure your email template so that it's available for use in workflows first, then build out the automation.

The property change can be used as the starting criteria for your workflow, and if all you want to do is send the template, have the workflow execute just that send. However, there's no workflow option which will execute when a value has changed - you'll want to choose specific values instead. This sort of setup works better when the property is of a picklist data type. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.
0 Upvotes
drorzp1
Participant

thank you . 

i will need to trigger a work flow based on a value of a lead.

that changed from false to true ? will this work with work flow ? 

0 Upvotes
bradmin
Key Advisor

You could set a workflow where the value is equal to True. You would not be able to set a workflow where the value specifically changes from False to True. However, once contacts' values changed to True (whether from False or null), they would be enrolled in the workflow, and receive the email. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.
0 Upvotes