Marketing Integrations

subrahmanyak

emailevents api

In our analytical tools we need to know which contact has opened an email.  How do I get a relation between a Marketing email (emailcontentID) and an email event.  In the example apis we can only get campaignID  from an email event. 

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
sferreira
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

emailevents api

Hi @subrahmanyak , 

Thanks for reaching out to the Community! 

By looking to our Email Events API Documentation,  

There are 12 event types that can be generated by HubSpot's Email API during the lifecycle of an email message. They are broadly grouped into categories: Submission, Delivery, User Engagement, and User Status. Event types, event categories, and their relationships are diagrammed below.

sferreira_0-1599844287006.png

You'll find there the different Event types: 

sferreira_1-1599844334633.png

Does this answer your question? 

Let me know, happy to help. 

Best, 

Sebastian

0 Upvotes
subrahmanyak

emailevents api

Thanks for pointing to the documentaion and we are using the same api.  However our question is as following:

How do I know which email message the email-event belongs to?

what is the mapping between email message and email-event.

In other words a campaign has to email messages sent to the same group.  How do I know which contact clicked on which message?

0 Upvotes
sferreira
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

emailevents api

Hi @subrahmanyak 

By looking into detail of Get email events Endpoint ,

I can see in the example usage and result that: 

1.png

Hope this helps, 

0 Upvotes
subrahmanyak

emailevents api

As I mentioned that ID is  Campaign ID not the email message ID.  The reason is that we have for one Campaign, multiple Marketing emails sent out.  What you are showing below is Campaign ID, not the marketing email id.  Can we get marketing email id for that event.

For example in your portal you all make the following call emailCampaignID is 93764993 and marketing email id is 

https://api.hubspot.com/cosemail/v1/details/recipients-hydrated?portalId=7932446&clienttimeout=14000...

In other words, if my campaign has three Marketing emails associated with it, and all of them are sent out to one group, how do I know through api which email it is sent to?

0 Upvotes
sferreira
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

emailevents api

Hi @subrahmanyak 

I have double-checked this with our product experts. 

1 campaign = 1 single send of 1 marketing email 

If you're viewing the details for an email in HubSpot, the Internal HubSpot ID(s) would be the campaign_id(s) for the email. Since each campaign represents a specific send of an email, it's possible for a single email to have multiple Internal IDs/campaign_ids.

In other words, a campaign represents a single send of an email but an email can have multiple campaign IDs. 

I hope this helps, 

Best, 

Sebastian 

0 Upvotes