Marketing Integrations

JGood
Contributor

Zoom webinar recording URL

I have Zoom and Hubspot integrated.  And under Activities for my contacts I can see when someone signs up for a webinar, when they attend and the URL for the recording. I want to email that recording URL via an automation in Hubspot.  But I don't know how to get that URL and use it as a personalization.  How do I grab data inside these activity events?  

0 Upvotes
9 Replies 9
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

Hi @JGood ,

Well! It's hard to view the context without an example. I understand from the description that this information is recorded in the timeline activity. Can I clarify if they are stored as activities on the timeline only or, are they properties?

To clarify the personalization token tool, it is based on properties so if the information is not stored as values, I'm afraid it's not possible to use the automation tool.

If not, then please send over a link to their record so we can take a closer look over this to see if this is possible using HubSpot tools.

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards. 

JGood
Contributor

Here is where the link shows up.  It is listed as an activity but isn't populating a property I can use for personalization. The recording link also comes via email to an account that is connected to Hubspot. But it is just in the body of the email.  I couldn't figure out a way using Hubspot to grab that link.

JGood_0-1626207063917.png

0 Upvotes
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

Hi @JGood ,

Yeah, this is not being saved as a property, and hence it's not possible to use this in a personalisation token. Unfortunately such info can't be pulled from the record.

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards. 

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Hi @JGood,

I don't have a recorded Zoom webinar at hand to test this but you should be able to copy the URL into a custom property, following the steps outlined by @KyleJepson in his great LinkedIn post on copy property actions in workflows.

Once you have your workflow that copies the recording URL into a custom property, you can reference this property as a personalization token in your automated email.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

JGood
Contributor

That looks amazing. But I don't have that option available.  Do I need to do something special with the trigger?  I tried by just using "webinar recording url" is known as the trigger.  But I don't get the option to copy anything other than properties. In that dude's video he has another dropdown with choices I don't have.

JGood_1-1626208482483.png

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Hi @JGood,

There needs to be at least one workflow action relating to the Zoom integration (for example an if/then branch) but it still seems like that doesn't give you access to the activity and the recording URL, unfortunately.

I'm not sure this is possible at the moment (automatically). You might have to grab the recording URL and manually place it in an email. This will also be safer if people could potentially sign up and attend multiple webinars at once.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

JGood
Contributor

Yeah, I think I need to do this manually.  I'm just going to pull a list of people from a webinar, update the email template, and manually add them to a workflow to send everything out.

But I can't even identify the people that registered for a certain webinar!  When I enter the webinar URL it doesn't pull up everyone that registered for that webinar. It looks like the URLs are slightly different for each person.  We use a recurring webinar so the ID is the same.  Might just have to filter based on email addresses. This is crazy. I'm constantly disappointed in the integrations between Hubspot and other tools. 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Hi @JGood,

Yes, that looks like a good workaround.

You should be able to find contacts that registered for a certain webinar via an active contact-based list. Under the list filter types, scroll down to "Zoom: Webinar Registration Event". This is where you can specify the webinar ID (not the URL), HubSpot should return these contacts:

karstenkoehler_0-1626325322127.png

Let me know if that's what you were looking for!

Karsten Köhler

webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

Hi @JGood ,

WEll! It's difficult to share the best approach without diving in the actual cause but you essentially want to be using the Webinar ID in the Zoom Settings and filter for that within the list. That will always successfully pull in the correct number of contacts.
In terms of the URL issue, it is hard to say what is going on there without being able to take a look at your portal. For this, I would recommend you to contact hubspot support.

Hope this helps!

Thanks and Regards. 

0 Upvotes