Marketing Integrations

jassie
Colaborador(a)

Zoom webinar confirmation email from HS

resolver

We're currently changing our workflow from Grafity forms + Gsheet + manually emailing invites for webinars to HS forms -->Zoom integration

So far so good. We linked the HS form to the webinar ID's. 

The confirmation email of subscription is now send from Zoom and lay-out options are fairly limited. Is it possible to send an email +reminder + evalutation from HS? Is so some challenges

1. Send confirmation email w/ unique(?) webinar link (=1 email to 1 person, just after submitting the form)
  2. Send a reminder to all subscribed persons (=1 email to multiple recipients on fixed time)
  3. Send an evaluation email to people that joined (=1 certain group, filtering possible via "marketing events?)
  4. - Send an "we missed you" email to no-shows ((=1 certain group, filtering possible via "marketing events?)

Creating the emails in HS gives more 'freedom'. Via Zoom it is quite limited.

Bonus: Is it possible to directly send a calendar invite to people? That is what we do manually at this moment in google calendar ((attendeelist=invisable for other, change appointment=false)), would love to automate this too. 

By "claiming" a spot in the participant's agenda you will be on top of mind rather than sitting in an email.

4 Solução aceitas
JonPayne
Solução
Conselheiro(a) de destaque | Parceiro Diamante

resolver

"for point 3 and 4 there is a workaround. You can set a 'trigger' to enroll people based on a "zoom webinar attendance". So if you start a workflow with that for a specific webinar that you will get a specific group you can email with an evaluation. Meanwhile, you can also use an if/than branch to filter the no-shows. "

YAAAS @jassie 👏 That's a great idea.

Exibir solução no post original

KyleJepson
Solução
Professor de Inbound
Professor de Inbound

resolver

I know I'm late to the conversation, but there is a way to access contacts' unique Zoom URLs if you use HubSpot forms to enroll people in the webinar. Here's how:

STEP 1: Create a webinar registration form.

STEP 2: Create a contact-based workflow that gets triggered by submissions from your registration form. Use the "Add Contact to Zoom Webinar" action to add the person to the relevant webinar. Once you've done that, later actions in the workflow can access Join URL, Registrant ID, and Webinar ID (see screenshot for an example of using the "Copy Property Value" action to access these). So you could copy those to properties and insert them into emails or use them anywhere else you want.

I hope this helps somebody!

Kyle

JonPayne
Solução

resolver

@KyleJepson THIS IS MAGNIFICENT SIR! 👏 

Is it new, or did I miss it back at the beginning of the year?

karstenkoehler
Solução
Membro do Hall da Fama | Parceiro

resolver

Hi @jassie and everyone,

You can find a summary of the necessary steps, including screenshots, in my community posts here. I also explain how you can create calendar invites that populate with the correct join URL.

Cheers!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

11 Respostas 11
karstenkoehler
Solução

resolver

Hi @jassie and everyone,

You can find a summary of the necessary steps, including screenshots, in my community posts here. I also explain how you can create calendar invites that populate with the correct join URL.

Cheers!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

KyleJepson
Solução
Professor de Inbound
Professor de Inbound

resolver

I know I'm late to the conversation, but there is a way to access contacts' unique Zoom URLs if you use HubSpot forms to enroll people in the webinar. Here's how:

STEP 1: Create a webinar registration form.

STEP 2: Create a contact-based workflow that gets triggered by submissions from your registration form. Use the "Add Contact to Zoom Webinar" action to add the person to the relevant webinar. Once you've done that, later actions in the workflow can access Join URL, Registrant ID, and Webinar ID (see screenshot for an example of using the "Copy Property Value" action to access these). So you could copy those to properties and insert them into emails or use them anywhere else you want.

I hope this helps somebody!

Kyle

KatePidgeon
Colaborador(a)

resolver

Same as the other poster - is there any other way anyone has found to access this unique join link property? I was looking for a way to send a reminder email with a join link from Hubspot, but because we already have people registered (and I don't want them to get the Zoom registration confirmation again) I can't use the "Add contact to Zoom webinar" action again. Will know to try it out next time at least...

0 Avaliação positiva
JBorgeson
Participante

resolver

Did you end up doing anything with these properties?  They aren't mentioned in any of the Hubspot or Zoom guides or documentation, and when I tried to copy the Join URL to the contact to use later, it was just blank. 

AGnaedinger
Participante

resolver

Thank you for pointing this out. Is there a way to get that property copied for people who have already registered on the HS form? We've got 1500+ people already registered before adding this action to the workflow and I'm not seeing the unique webinar join link come up in their contact record. 

JonPayne
Solução

resolver

@KyleJepson THIS IS MAGNIFICENT SIR! 👏 

Is it new, or did I miss it back at the beginning of the year?

JHegde
Participante

resolver

Hi Jassie,

Could you ever solve the problem of sending confirmation email with a unique webinar link? I have made several attempts with no success. 

0 Avaliação positiva
jassie
Colaborador(a)

resolver

@JonPayne - for point 3 and 4 there is a workaround. You can set a 'trigger' to enroll people based on a "zoom webinar attendance". So if you start a workflow with that for a specific webinar that you will get a specific group you can email with an evaluation. Meanwhile, you can also use an if/than branch to filter the no-shows. 

Nevertheless, it is unfortunate that there are little possibilities in sending them a proper email directly after enrolment.

JonPayne
Solução

resolver

"for point 3 and 4 there is a workaround. You can set a 'trigger' to enroll people based on a "zoom webinar attendance". So if you start a workflow with that for a specific webinar that you will get a specific group you can email with an evaluation. Meanwhile, you can also use an if/than branch to filter the no-shows. "

YAAAS @jassie 👏 That's a great idea.

jassie
Colaborador(a)

resolver

Great - thanks for the answer.

So kinda like what I expected and already knew. 

Q1. In my opinion sending a second email is also a bit overkill (Confirmation HS + personal token /invite zoom)

Q2. So you send a reminder email without the (personal) link to the webinar. That doesn't feel logic when you are a receiver since you need to find another email (from Zoom) with you personal invite.

Q3+4: I found out that in Marketing events you can find some details, but aparently not who joined or didn't join on a personal level. Only show/no-show rate. Such a pity again.

Hopefully these things get better anytime soon.

ps. about the bonus question: I meant really a calender invite, not a link "add to calendar". I guess Zoom-webinar isnt going that either...

0 Avaliação positiva
JonPayne

resolver

Hi @jassie 

We're doing something similar to you, after quite a bit of trial and error, this is what currently works best for us:

Q: Is it possible to send an email +reminder + evalutation from HS? 

A: Yes. Kind of! 🙂

1. Send confirmation email w/ unique(?) webinar link (=1 email to 1 person, just after submitting the form)
    We haen't found a way to get the unique Zoom URL back into HubSpot to be able to send this info from HubSpot. So, we have a workflow which adds them to the "Webinar X Registrants" List in HubSpot and sends an additional confirmation email from HubSpot (explicitly mentioning the link and calendar invite are coming from Zoom). It's clunky but having run about 20 last year, it works OK. Where the HubSpot confirmation email was particularly useful was to give the delegate a link to a HubSpot Landing Page with a HubSpot Form on it so they could submit questions around the topic. We don't get many questions on this first email but it sows the seed for mentioning the form in subsequent emails and on the webinar itself if the chat is a bit cold...
  2. Send a reminder to all subscribed persons (=1 email to multiple recipients on fixed time)
    Yup, create the HubSpot email, send it to the list created in the workflow above, you can do some cool stuff with timing if you follow the instructions in this post: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Lists-Lead-Scoring-Workflows/Webinar-Reminders-Workflow/m-p/392420#... 

3. Send an evaluation email to people that joined (=1 certain group, filtering possible via "marketing events?)
    Yup. Sadly the Zoom / HubSpot integration doesn't allow you to filter by attendance at a particular webinar. So the work-around is to  go to Zoom, navigate to your account and the webinar you just ran, scroll to the bottom of the page and hit View Attendee Report, download the Attendee Report: 
    Attendee Report Tool on ZoomAttendee Report Tool on Zoom
    Upload the list of emails who attended to HubSpot, send the evaluation email to that list.
  4. - Send an "we missed you" email to no-shows ((=1 certain group, filtering possible via "marketing events?)
    Broadly the same as 3, but the list you upload is for registered, didn't attend.

Q: Bonus: Is it possible to directly send a calendar invite to people? 

A: Currently, we find it's easiest for Zoom to handle this, as in Question 1 above. 

None of this is perfect but it works and is quite quick once you've done it a couple of times. I hope (and expect) that this integration will get a lot better between Zoom and HubSpot over the coming months and much of that manual stuff I outlined will become automated... 

Let me know if this helps! 🙂