Marketing Integrations

Jeff-Morgan
Colaborador(a)

Zoom Webinar Contact Properties Not Populating

resolver

I have successfully implemented the Hubspot Zoom App and configured it. I have added the "Add Contact to Zoom Webinar" action to my webinar registration workflow that is triggered when someone fills out a Hubspot form on our website. 

When contacts go through the registration workflow they are successfully registered for the webinar in Zoom. And when you look at the workflow action log details for the "Add Contact to Zoom Webinar" action it shows that it was completed successfully and the Zoom server response as:

{"registrant_id":"PMap7VX9RO-hyk-_2FWO1g","id":"96978650510","join_url":"https://zoom.us/w/96978650510?tk=7Vd1wjFfNER5hAU1MDqajLnFrE_AZ_q30_1rS8DNY9g.DQMAAAAWlGDFjhZQTWFwN1ZYOVJPLWh5ay1fMkZXTzFnAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA&uuid=WN_osNYiqumTG6O535OplMT6w"}

As you can see this response includes the link that is supposed to be written to the "Last Registered Zoom webinar" Contact property.

However, the link is not being populated in that field and therefore the Contact Property personalization token I have setup in my confirmation and reminder emails is not working. 

The strange thing about this problem is that the field was being populated a few days ago during testing and no changes have been made since. It just stopped working.

Hubspot support has no answers. So I'm coming to the community to see if anyone here knows a way to troubleshoot.

Thanks in advance for your help.

0 Avaliação positiva
1 Solução aceita
Jeff-Morgan
Solução
Colaborador(a)

resolver

This issue has been resolved. The data was not being written to the fields because in the Zoom App settings we had our company's domain listed in the "Contact Exclusions" 

The documentation for this only states, "Enter your work email or web domain to prevent new contacts being created from your organization."

It clearly prevents more than just "new contacts being created" and the documentation should be updated to reflect that so hours and hours of time is not wasted tracking down this problem.

It is also curious that this doesn't block registrations from being sync'd to Zoom and allows the workflow to complete successfully even though the processes don't all get completed as they should.

Exibir solução no post original

0 Avaliação positiva
4 Respostas 4
Jeff-Morgan
Solução
Colaborador(a)

resolver

This issue has been resolved. The data was not being written to the fields because in the Zoom App settings we had our company's domain listed in the "Contact Exclusions" 

The documentation for this only states, "Enter your work email or web domain to prevent new contacts being created from your organization."

It clearly prevents more than just "new contacts being created" and the documentation should be updated to reflect that so hours and hours of time is not wasted tracking down this problem.

It is also curious that this doesn't block registrations from being sync'd to Zoom and allows the workflow to complete successfully even though the processes don't all get completed as they should.

0 Avaliação positiva
MiaSrebrnjak
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

resolver

Hi @Jeff-Morgan,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

I wanted to tag in a couple of subject matter experts to see if they have any advice: 

hi @Josh@SArora1@davecriswell@rahul_inbound, any idea what could be causing the problem? Thank you!

Cheers
Mia, Community Team

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

Jeff-Morgan
Colaborador(a)

resolver

Please see my solution and pass along to product leaders that the documentation needs to be updated to reflect what is actually happening when you add a "Contact Exclusion" to the Zoom app settings.

0 Avaliação positiva
MiaSrebrnjak
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

resolver

Hi @Jeff-Morgan, thank you for sharing this information, I'll give your feedback to our technical writers!

Cheers
Mia, Community Team

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings