Zoom Webinar Attendance Issue

Occasional Contributor

Hi there,

I've just run my first webinar on Zoom, with HubSpot integration. The app appeared to connect without problems, as I was able to register people from my HubSpot landing pages/form and sync the contact to Zoom via Workflow.

The problem i'm having is, after hosting my webinar on the Zoom side, the attendance data is not coming back in to HubSpot - i.e. no contact record shows any zoom attendance history. 

Has anybody else had this issue? Is there something additional I need to do in order to get this information back into HubSpot?

12 Replies 12
Community Manager

Hi @Andrew_Exo,

Are you still experiencing this issue? There was a known issue around the time that you were experiencing this issue. 

If you are still stuck, please let us know. If you can share a screenshot of what you see when you filter your contacts based on the Zoom integration information, that would be great!

Thank you,
Jenny

We are excited to announce that the Community will be launching a weekly newsletter on November 2, 2020!
0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Still getting it.

No screenshot to share, as no attendee information has been recorded on Hubspot. The only thing that's recorded is the webinar they last registered for.

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @Andrew_Exo,

Thank you for the information! If you can please direct message me example contacts so I can investigate their specific cases, what is showing and what should be showing, that would be great!

Thank you,

Jenny

We are excited to announce that the Community will be launching a weekly newsletter on November 2, 2020!
0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

EDITED: 

Hi Andrew,

You can use a workflow trigger or an "If/then" branch called "Zoom: Webinar Attendance Event" which when you add the webinbar ID or name it will determine who attended the webinar and who didnt.

From there you can use teh workflow to send follow up emails, add contacts to lists etc etc

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Hi, 

Can anyone confirm if this is the case? It looked from the documentation that we could push registrants to Zoom from a Hubspot form and get attendance data back from Zoom into Hubspot via the integration.

Would like to confirm with the community that this is working before we start implementing/testing.

Thanks,

Travis

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @travispe,

You can push contacts to Zoom through a workflow. You could use the form as the enrollment criteria in the workflow. 

For more information, I wanted to share this resource.

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Hi Travis,

I tested this today and all of my contacts just went into the "not attended" branch. Even though 2 out of the 3 had attended. It looks like I will have to import the contacts from the internal Zoom reporting and create lists. 

Another hubspot user recently submitted the idea to have an easier way to know if our contacts have attended/registered so it might be helpful to upvote it. https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/HubSpot-to-track-Zoom-Webinar-Attendance/idi-p/328695

Kr, 

Kaleigh

New Contributor

Has anyone found a resolve for this? Having the same issue. Registration worked fine, but now none of the information about attendance is in Hubspot. 

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

I actually chatted with HubSpot support on the issue - they went away and did some work that appeared to fix it. They didn't say what specifically, but the issue is now fixed and information flows both ways. Probably worth raising a support ticket and seeing if they can replicate a fix.

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Did anyone discover the secret code? This worked for me in September, but now it doesn't. The whole zoom intergration is a bit wonky - I mean, not allowing company name in an event registration?!?!? 

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

I solved it by uninstalling the zoom app and reinstalling. (Still need the company field in the registration!)

Occasional Contributor

Are you making your registrations through zoom or through HubSpot forms? We collect any data we want through the hubspot forms and send it out on a registration landing page rather than using the ZOOM registration page. There are some other weird ways that you have to know in order to get all the information correctly in hubspot. In the workflows, you have to insert dashes inside the webinar code like in ZOOM but on the lists you need to make sure there is no space in between the numbers. That trick helped us pull the registered list.   There is still a weird occurrence where we only use our own hubspot forms for registration but Zoom will still send over people who had access to their registration form(which was never shared).