Marketing Integrations

HubSpotMaster
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

Zapier Question - Can I create a unique company name with two contact properties?

SOLVE

I have a unique use case where I need the name of the company to be set as a unique identifier using two contact properties. I would like the name of the company to be a combo of two contact properties - Last 4 digits of SSN + Birthdate. This would ensure that every company created is a unique company. 

I cannot sync using domain name because the companies in this situation do not have websites/domain name. 

Can this be done with Zapier or integromat? Appreciate any insight someone familiar with the zapier/integromat can provide. 

Thanks!

-Adam

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Wholesale-Solar
Solution
Top Contributor

Zapier Question - Can I create a unique company name with two contact properties?

SOLVE

Hey Adam-

Hubspot will let you create companies with the same name all day log... It's the "Company Domain Name" property the enforces uniqueness.

Just set the "domain" property to something unique...

Zapier and Integromat both have tools to generate hash's. You could generate a hash based on the string value of the concatenated SSN and Birthdate. This hash would be unique - and not comprimise sensitive information. JUST append ".com" on the end and you are good to go!

We use the domain technique to enforce uniqueness - in our case we have an external on-premise system and use the Customer Number... so the domain value for companies looks like this "customer-number-172100.com"

Edit: Hey Hubspot - it would be nice to be able to enforce uniqueness without having to use a otherwise useful field for something such as this....

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Wholesale-Solar
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hey Adam-

Hubspot will let you create companies with the same name all day log... It's the "Company Domain Name" property the enforces uniqueness.

Just set the "domain" property to something unique...

Zapier and Integromat both have tools to generate hash's. You could generate a hash based on the string value of the concatenated SSN and Birthdate. This hash would be unique - and not comprimise sensitive information. JUST append ".com" on the end and you are good to go!

We use the domain technique to enforce uniqueness - in our case we have an external on-premise system and use the Customer Number... so the domain value for companies looks like this "customer-number-172100.com"

Edit: Hey Hubspot - it would be nice to be able to enforce uniqueness without having to use a otherwise useful field for something such as this....

jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Thanks for sharing @Wholesale-Solar! (Thank you for the feedback as well, there are a few ideas that discuss deduplication rules based on factors other than domain). As and when updates are available, they will be communicated through the ideas. Let me know if you have any questions around that! 🙂 

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

HI @HubSpotMaster,

I wanted to pull in some users who have discussed integromat in the past. @Wholesale-Solar and @joeolsenmm do you have any tips for @HubSpotMaster?

I did want to highlight as well that storing personal information, including SSN's is prohibited in HubSpot's terms of service.  

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Upvotes