SOLVE

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

Zapier New deal trigger

SOLVE

Hi, @Jacky777. The choices that appear for each app in Zapier is configured by the Zapier team, and not modifiable. So, if you're not finding a trigger to or from the app you're zapping, it doesn't exist until Zapier adds it. 

If you need other Zapier-like tools that have more flexibility in starting conditions or business logic, I've personally used Azuqua before. It's a standalone tool and the price point can be fairly high, depending on your needs, but has the sort of codelike sophistication you're looking for, without needing to write code.

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
chadever
Participant

Zapier New deal trigger

SOLVE

Hubspot charges for this function (create a deal from automation) so my guess is they disabled the API access to do this while mapping your contact. If your Hubspot account includes Workflows, you can do this there.

0 Upvotes
CameronWilson

Zapier New deal trigger

SOLVE

Hi @Jacky777 - This is a great question! As @bradmin mentioned, with Azuqua you can easily automate this type of work and between a wide range of applications. Here is more information about HubSpot and an example of the types of events that can be triggered and actions that can be automated in a workflow. Also, an insightful use case that you could look at is Salesforce + Zendesk. This will give you a good idea of how you can have a CRM integrate with another application. If you have any questions or would like to learn more about Azuqua's capabilities please reach out to me at cameron@azuqua.com. 

0 Upvotes
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

Zapier New deal trigger

SOLVE

Hi, @Jacky777. The choices that appear for each app in Zapier is configured by the Zapier team, and not modifiable. So, if you're not finding a trigger to or from the app you're zapping, it doesn't exist until Zapier adds it. 

If you need other Zapier-like tools that have more flexibility in starting conditions or business logic, I've personally used Azuqua before. It's a standalone tool and the price point can be fairly high, depending on your needs, but has the sort of codelike sophistication you're looking for, without needing to write code.

0 Upvotes
Jacky777

Zapier New deal trigger

SOLVE

Thank you for your reply @bradmin!

The trigger 'New deal' exists in Zapier. Hubspot seems not to return the contact information with the New Deal trigger at this point, which is what I'm requesting specifically 🙂

bradmin
Key Advisor

Zapier New deal trigger

SOLVE

Unless you've created a custom email property on the deal, I don't think that's going to be visible in Zapier. I just tested this with a HubSpot CRM-Salesforce zap, and it looked like only properties from the deal object appeared in the menu in Zapier, and not any associated contact or company properties. 

Edit: I'm having trouble finding any documentation pointing to it, but after testing across several tools, zappable fields come from the object the zap was triggered on, and not related objects.

0 Upvotes