Zapier Connection Not Working

Highlighted

My connection to HubSpot within Zapier was working, but is now broken. I have tried re-authorising several times, it says it has worked, but then when it's tested, it doesn't work. 

The error I keep receiving is as follows:

DataPostError: Problem creating auth. (authorization failed: api.hubapi.com returned (403) Forbidden and said "This access_token (xxxxxxxxxxxxtokengoeshere) does not have proper permissions! (requires any of [content-access])")

Any help you can give would be really appreciated!

0 Upvotes
16 Replies 16
HubSpot Employee

Hello @andrewt,

Thanks for your question.

Can you please explain a bit more about the Zap that you have set up?  I'm wondering if maybe the Zap itself is attempting to perform an action in the paid Marketing tool, but if you only have access to Hubspot Sales, it might be returning that error.  

Any screenshots that you're able to provide would be helpful as well.

Thanks,

Brett

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Hi Brett, 

Sorry to hijack this thread and equal apologises if this is not in etiquette for this community.

I have a similar issue with the above, however, more than happy to supply any information you need.

Trying to setup this zap:

https://zapier.com/zapbook/zaps/2468/create-google-calendar-event-from-a-hubspot-calendar-task/

However, I get this error message when trying to test the integration:

Bargle. We hit an error fetching a calendar task. :-( Error:
api.hubapi.com returned (403) Forbidden and said "This access_token (BLANKED OUT) does not have proper permissions! (requires all of [content-access])".

Now I know the above access token is NOT the one I see listed within my Hubspot > Integrations > API Key, however, unsure how to change that within Zapier.

Equally, this may be a Zapier issue and not HS!

Thanks in Advance

Stephen

Regular Contributor

I am having the same problem. My Zapier Connection has been working for over 6 months and today it stopped. I am on a partner portal trying to create a zap when a contact is created. Again this is a new problem as it was working yesterday. I am now getting the does not have proper permissions! (requires any of [zapier-access])

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @Root_Provider, apologies for the delay in response - the error you are seeing is likely due to the fact that you do not have a paid HubSpot Marketing subscription, and thus do not have access to the Calendar tool . Because Calendar zaps use this Calendar tool as an endpoint, you will not be able to use it without the right Makreting permissions. See more about the pricing for the Marketing tool here: https://www.hubspot.com/pricing/marketing

@inboundpixels are you still experiencing this issue? What error message are you seeing, and which zap are you trying to perform?

0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

Yes, I am still getting it on all of my Designer accounts where the zapier connection was working for over 6 months and just stopped about 2 weeks ago. Here is what the error is saying

Bargle. We hit an error fetching a contact. :-( Error:
api.hubapi.com returned (403) Forbidden and said "This access_token (3d6eb344-3324-4de2-9059-23c9ae78e9f4) does not have proper permissions! (requires any of [zapier-access])"

It happens when I try and create a zap when a new customer is created. I reached out to Hubspot support and they kept punting it back to zapier saying it had nothing to do with Hubspot but I think that's probably not the case. My guess is that there was a change to not allow Designer accounts to access the endpoint but that would be a huge bummer to change and not communicate to both the designers and support if this is in fact what happened.

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

@inboundpixels Would you mind confirming the HUBID for the portal through which you are attempting this action? I can redact it afterwards. 

0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

No Problem! Thanks @moonwebstrategy [HUBID]

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Thanks @inboundpixels! Could you also specify the exact zap you are trying to create, preferably with a link to the documentation in Zapier? Or explain the action you are trying to perform in HubSpot in more detail - i.e., what is the action that triggers the zap in the other tool, which is the other tool, and what action do you want to be triggered in HubSPot as a result?

0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

So the point where I am getting that message is when I create a new zap and choose the trigger to be the Hubspot Zap and the trigger is a new contact is created. I have also tried having the Hubspot CRM zap be the trigger also using the new customer to be the trigger. Is that what you are needing?

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @inboundpixels, a few things:

The portal with the HUBID that you gave me is a Provider Portal (not a Designers portal), which is a free partner portal. This type of portal should not have access to the Integrations menu. How are you accessing the integrations through this portal? Can you describe your navigation process, from the dashboard to the integrations page?

Also, in terms of the zap you are trying to create, I need to understand:

- Between which tools are you trying to create a zap: HubSpot and which other software?

- What is the action in the other software that causes a contact to be created in HubSpot?

- When exactly did this stop working?

Ideally, I would love to see a screencast of your accessing the Integrations tool and triggering the zap, so that I can look at it directly. I like Jing as a screencasting tool: https://www.techsmith.com/jing.html

Thank you!

May

0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

Sorry for the confusion what I am talking about has never been via the integrations menu It has been via Zapier. The Hubspot Contact is not the result of an action on another app it is what triggers the action. So a contact is created inside Hubspot ( In my case due to a template sale ) and it triggers the zap to do an action on another app like MailChimp. It stopped working about 2 weeks ago I am not positive what exact date but around 2 weeks ago. Was there a change to permissions in that time?

https://www.useloom.com/share/95749da78cf24656b75c0c91e30b3486

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

@inboundpixels there does not seem to have been a change in permissions, as far as I can tell. However, I noticed in your screencast the banner at the top of your Zapier instance, stating that "You'r eover your tasks limit, and your zaps have been paused". Are you able to create zaps for any other softwares? It is likely that the error you are seeing is due to your having exceeded the Zapier limit. 

In addition, in general, you need to authenticate your connection with Zapier through the Integrations dashboard in HubSpot. Can you please try reauthenticating the Zapier connection through this link (by going to Uninstall Integration > re-add it afterwards).

Then, please try performing the zap again. Let me know what you are able to find.

0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

I am able to create other zaps and just not turn them on. I am also able to create the same exact zap to Hubspot in portals that are not provider portals. It is only on my provider portals in the last month that this problem has come up. I also went thru the steps to removing from the integrations in my dashboard and redoing and still same result.

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

@inboundpixels when you try to trigger your zap, do you notice any network errors when opening Chrome's Network tab: https://developers.google.com/web/tools/chrome-devtools/network-performance/ ?

This would show as a red line of text in the network tab.

If so, can you send me a screenshot of the Network tab, and then click on the red line of text, and send me a screenshot of the response window that appears?

Thanks,

May

0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

Screen Shot 2017-07-06 at 1.34.13 PM.pngNot seeing any errors but let me know if you see something that I am missing.

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @inboundpixels,  apologize for the delayed response, I've actually been away on vacation. Neither of the requests in your screenshot actually look like the ones that would be made by Zapier, which is odd. Could you try again, following these steps in order:

- Head to the zap once again

- Open up your Network tab

- Then, trigger the test zap and see what appears in the network tab

After this, please send me a screenshot of the network tab. Also, if there are any errors (which would show up in red text), please click on them and send me a link to/screenshot of the Request URL and the Response (see diagram below demonstrating where you can find these).

Also, ven if none of them are in red, if there are any requests mentioning Zapier or HubSpot, please send the Request URL and Response for those as well.

The ideal would be to have a screencast of this entire process.

Thank you so much for your help!

Desktop screenshot (1).png

0 Upvotes