Marketing Integrations

RSterrenberg
Participant

Workflow connecting Company record to new Contact records being exported from ZoomInfo

We have just set up the ZoomInfo integration tool to HubSpot, and I have a question: Do I need to set up a workflow to be sure contacts coming in with known Company records (in HubSpot) will automatically connect to that record? Right now, they are not, although the company name being exported with the contact is the same. 

Thanks in advance!!

10 Replies 10
Markella
Contributor

Workflow connecting Company record to new Contact records being exported from ZoomInfo

Hi there,

I'm not using a workflow to resolve the issue, but I just connected Insycle to my HubSpot account and they have features that can resolve the issue. I think the name of the feature you're searching for is called Bulk Association. Hope that helps!

https://www.insycle.com/hubspot/

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing, @Markella!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes
esteeratliff
Contributor

I'm interested in this also! We eventually do get the association done. Our NetSuite integration team was able to setup a way to auto-associate the contact to a company in HubSpot based on the contact's email domain. That is only once the contact syncs to our NetSuite though and then syncs back to HubSpot. Would love it to happen at export from Zoominfo, since not all of our contacts sync to NetSuite. We only auto-sync contacts that are not "lead lifecycle".

0 Upvotes
ksen938
Participant

We're having the same problem too. Intermittently, contacts from Zoominfo get created without being associated properly with a company. We have auto-association enabled in our account, so that's not the issue either.

EZenthoefer

I am encountering the same issue. Did you ever figure out a solution for associating Contacts and Companies brought in from ZoomInfo? 

ericacowan
Contributor

Hi  @RSterrenberg,

HubSpot's integration with Zoom only syncs three required fields to contact records: First nameLast name, and Email. 

If a contact registers or attends a Zoom webinar they will be created as a contact in the connected HubSpot account. If a contact already exists in HubSpot, a new contact will not be created, their contact record will be updated. 

The Zoom integration uses a contact email address to match up Contact records (not Company records).

If you're using HubSpot's default contact/company association based on the email domain or website URL, it should automatically associate contacts to companies. If you don't use that feature and have another way of associating contacts and companies, you'd have to figure out another way to associate them (manual import). Without a developer to build an API manual association or association by domain is all that is offered.  

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/automatically-create-and-associate-companies-with-contacts 

Associating contacts and companies is a real pain I have with HubSpot since it's not something you can do through workflows (https://community.hubspot.com/t5/CRM/Workflow-Associate-Contact-to-Company/td-p/261565)

I'm just a regular HubSpot user, learning as I go 🙂 Hope this helps! 

RSterrenberg
Participant

Hi Erica, 

I was actually talking about ZoomInfo, a different product from Zoom (video).  

0 Upvotes
ericacowan
Contributor

Totally misread that! 😅 Oops! I had a previous post about Zoom (video) which is probably why I was tagged - so I read too quickly! 

I have also been looking into ZoomInfo for our account so I'll be following this post for updates. But I don't know much about the connection so I can't provide any insight.

Sorry for the confusion!

-Erica

sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @RSterrenberg 

Welcome to the Community!

Thank you for the information provided, I'll tag a few experts that can share their expertise with you!

Hi @Josh @ericacowan any thoughts about this?

Thanks

Sharon

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
MJohnson85

Hi Sharon, 

Any follow up on this? I'm encountering the same issue and haven't found a result. 

thanks, 

Matt

0 Upvotes