Marketing Integrations

DavidDW

Wordpress plugin can't connect to SiteGround site

SOLVE

Hi team, 

I'm trying to connect the Hubspot plugin to my Wordpress site, hosted on Siteground.

I can login successfully, but connecting to the site fails after I click the CAPTCHA.

Connection1.jpg

Connection2.jpg

I looked at the Chrome developer console and noticed an error here that may be related.

HTTP 400

https://api.hubspot.com/oauth/v1/auth?portalId=4402811&clienttimeout=14000&hs_static_app=signup-ui-l...

{"status":"INVALID_RECAPTCHA","message":"Please provide a valid recaptcha value","correlationId":"b53cd3fc-8ca2-4c33-abcc-8cd9ebbb852e"}

I'm on the free version, so I can't contact support about this. This looks like a Hubspot issue though.

Any ideas?

Thanks

David

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
DavidDW
Solution

SOLVE

The issue resolved itself on its own yesterday.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
DavidDW
Solution

SOLVE

The issue resolved itself on its own yesterday.

0 Upvotes
Ben_M
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Personally speaking the plugin is only a shortcut to add the tracking code to your site and to give you an iframe to hubspot from the wp admin. It really does nothing more than that. Personally speaking I don't recommend any clients/organizations to use it for that reason as it is usually more efficient to run the tracking script from a tag management solutions (Adobe/Google Tag Manager) and then just log in to Hubspot for what you need there.

If you are on the free version for a trial and thinking about using Hubspot more for your business, you may be able to contact sales with this concern to see if they are able to investigate for you before you buy to see if this is just broken in the free version because the few times I do see this plugin used, it doesn't work and would not be related to your hosting.

0 Upvotes
DavidDW

SOLVE

Thanks, Ben, this was helpful in not getting blocked.

0 Upvotes