Marketing Integrations

RickSurety

Wordpress Integration Benefits?

SOLVE

How are you guys using the Hubspot Wordpress integration?  Is anyone finding cool or innovative uses? Not sure what I would really get out of it.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
trevordjones
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

I have a WordPress site and I use HubSpot for Analytics, Email, Forms, Landing Pages and Social Publishing - but I don't use the HubSpot provided integration.  Instead, I embed the HubSpot tracking code in Google Tag Manager. 

I also use WP HTML Blocks to help manage CTA's and Forms within WordPress.   I highly recommend this plugin - IT will simplify your life immensely when you change your CTA's out!  (The plugins listing on WordPress.org says it hasn't been tested with the latest version of WordPress, but I am usiung it with the current version of WordPress and take my word for it, it works.)

Lastly - sometimes HubSpot forms are a bit limiting, and I prefer to use Gravity Forms.  The HubSpot for Gravity Forms plugin by BigSea is a great tool for intergating Gravity forms into your HubSpot solution.

I've been using HubSpot and WordPress together for 8 years - reach out anytime I can help.

- Trevor
If my post solves your problem, please accept it as a solution.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12
kjetilsvendsen
Participant

SOLVE

I would have appreciated it if the plugin would let you create newsletters based on WordPress content (pages/post) - i.e. when you are creating a manual/automatic email in Hubspot, my wish would be to drag and drop a WordPress module into it, with the option of displaying x posts from category y, and some formatting options (show/hide image, include excerpt/title/byline/date).

0 Upvotes
hireweb
Participant

SOLVE

Hello Rick,

We suggest below form plugin add-on.

Gravity Forms - HubSpot Integration

Thanks & Regards,

HireWeb

0 Upvotes
trevordjones
Solution

SOLVE

I have a WordPress site and I use HubSpot for Analytics, Email, Forms, Landing Pages and Social Publishing - but I don't use the HubSpot provided integration.  Instead, I embed the HubSpot tracking code in Google Tag Manager. 

I also use WP HTML Blocks to help manage CTA's and Forms within WordPress.   I highly recommend this plugin - IT will simplify your life immensely when you change your CTA's out!  (The plugins listing on WordPress.org says it hasn't been tested with the latest version of WordPress, but I am usiung it with the current version of WordPress and take my word for it, it works.)

Lastly - sometimes HubSpot forms are a bit limiting, and I prefer to use Gravity Forms.  The HubSpot for Gravity Forms plugin by BigSea is a great tool for intergating Gravity forms into your HubSpot solution.

I've been using HubSpot and WordPress together for 8 years - reach out anytime I can help.

- Trevor

stefankasbauer

SOLVE

Hi @trevordjones

you sound like a real expert here :). Why do you embed the HubSpot tracking code in Google Tag Manager and don't use the WordPress Plugin?

I'm working on the implementation right now and thinking about that for a while.

Thanks,

Stefan

0 Upvotes
trevordjones

SOLVE

Hi @stefankasbauer,

Thanks for the question.  First things first: my original response in this thread is from June, 2018.  Since then, HubSpot has improved the plugin and added more functionality, to the point that many of the functions I use other tools for can be done in the HubSpot plugin now.  

With respect to Tag Manager, a lot depends upon how many tools you're using.  If you only have a couple of tracking code snippets, the HubSpot plugin will probably be fine for you.

With that said, here are some reasons why you might want to consider Tag Manager instead of plugins.

1. I think less is more when it comes to plugins.  Having too many plugins installed can extend page load times, when your goal should be to shorten them.  If every tracking code or pixel is added with a plugin, that means you have to install a seperate plugin for HubSpot, Facebook, LinkedIN, Google Analytics, etc.  Tag manager lets you manage all of those in one platform and install just one piece of code on your site.
  2. Tag manager is designed to improve website performance.  Among other things, Tag Manager forces all scripts to fire asynchonously, which will shorten load times and improve the customer experience.  It also has some great debug features. 
  3. For most marketers, success means getting traffic from Google.  Google likes things done its way of course, and so it can't hurt to leverage Google Products whenever possible.

Having just one app or pluigin for each job is the most important to me.  The same philosphy extends to the content management side of things.  For example, we use HTML Blocks to manage all sorts of code snippets, not just HubSpot forms and CTA's.  One tool handles all of our repeated content, instead of having a plugin to manage HubSpot forms and CTA's and another for video or podcast embed codes.

All of this assumes that you have the techncial ability in house to implement Tag Manager.  If you don't, a plugin is certainly a faster way to get things done.

Hope this answers your question!  Good luck with your implementation.

Cheers, 

- Trevor

stefankasbauer

SOLVE

Hi @trevordjones,

thanks a lot for your quick and detailled response. That helps a lot!

Cheers,

Stefan

0 Upvotes
LauraCH
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Trevor, thanks got your input!

My team is new to Hubspot and we're struggling with Hubspot's Landing Pages. It's very hard to find templates that adjust to what we need, and then making our changes responsive seems like a nightmare. Especially when compared to Wordpress.

We currently have the Divi builder for our blog and we're planning to start using it for our landing pages (we are now using Instapage, but reached the 30 URLs limit). Especially given the design flexibility and customizations, and we'd be able to publish unlimited landing pages.

Still planning on using Hubspot for everything else (though I will take a look at your Gravity Forms). Did you experience these difficulties as well? Would you recommend this move?

Would very much appreciate your feedback!

Thanks,

Laura

0 Upvotes
trevordjones

SOLVE

Hi @LauraCH,

The ability to customize the page template/theme easily and easily find programmers who can do the necessary customization are two of the main reasons we have never moved to HubSpot for our website's CMS, so I can appreciate your concern there.

We have some landing pages in HubSpot, and some on WordPress depending upon what we are doing.  For example, it's much easier to A-B test landing page ideas in HubSpot if you have that ability in your package.

With respect to forms, I would say that HubSpot's embed code works well for most applications, and you may not need to use a forms plugin like Gravity Forms unless you have a requirement that HubSpot forms can't meet for you.  For example, in the past I have built some forms that do math/quote prices.  You can't do that in HubSpot forms, so Gravity Forms was a must for that application.  You also get some added flexibility with an external forms plugin when it comes to labeling form fields differently on the website than in the HubSpot database.  The botom line is that you have to let the project need dictate what tool you use.

Happy to help if you have additional questions - and good luck!

- Trevor

0 Upvotes
onvista
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi Trevor,

how exactly do you use the recommended plugin to change your CTAs and forms in a Wordpress Website?
We would like to have a generic placeholder / snippet at a certain position in our content and would like to be able to change that placeholders content.

0 Upvotes
trevordjones

SOLVE

Hi @onvista,

WP HTML Blocks is a custom post type.  You can embed your custom post type on the necessay WordPress pages or posts using a short code, which can be automatically generated by the app or user-defined.  

You simply copy-and-paste the HubSpot CTA or form Java Script into the HTML Block, save it, and add the short codes to the pages you want.

The next time you want to change out your CTA's on those pages, you simply copy-and-past the new CTA code into the HTML block, and it is propogated to all of the pages that have the short code.

So - for me, certain pages have certain personas associated with them.  When I want to change my CTA for that persona, I go to the appropriate block and update my CTA.  You can even name your shortcodes after your personas if that is how you are segmenting site content.

Does that answer your question?

- Trevor

frankgeraci
Member | Gold Partner
Member | Gold Partner

SOLVE

Trevor,

We've built a plugin for WordPress that extends WP search into HubSpot content, included is also a widget that pulls any number of recent posts from HubSpot. No need for management of HTML snippets from HubSpot

This could be another solution as it does not store any HS data in WP, all HS post content is inserted into WP search on the fly.

In addition to searching & blogs, we've added forms, ctas, links, and files.

Have a look, maybe this will help future issues with WordPress/HubSpot management

https://wordpress.org/plugins/hub2word/

Would love to hear your feedback.

0 Upvotes
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @RickSurety - welcome to the Community! I searched the Community for other discussions r.e. this topic (results here) and found some users who also use this tool. 

@PixSolution@RobS@nletendre@RTOM@mayjc@btw could you lend @RickSurety your insights / experience? 🙂

0 Upvotes